+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I am in the Vancouver area and sent in my application in February of 2014. What is the average wait time for the exam?

Also, I don't like my middle names, because I have 2 middle names, the second one gets cut on documents (like on my DL, my 2nd middle name only has 2 letters). I asked on my application (where it asks if you want to use a different name) to just use my first and last name. Is there a way to know if this was accepted?

thank you :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Vancouver is one of the slower Local Offices so expect a test around month 16 from date of application if your application is processed as routine. Search the forum for a thread with Vancouver timelines or 'coast to coast' timelines. If you get RQd then whenever your RQ is reviewed and CIC have no set timelines but work on a test at around month 30.

2. CIC may want to see a document e.g Provincial ID with just the 2 names. They will write a letter once they open your file with instructions/steps to take which should be any time before the end of May based on current time to open an application timelines.