+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question to post-Feb27th applicants in Buffalo: any news yet?

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Hi all,
I am a student in Canada and will submit my application soon. I am considering buffalo but I don't know what the situation is in there and how huge the backlog.
Hence, I am wondering:
1. did anyone who applied to Buffalo after Feb 27 received anything from them yet? (anything - medicals,rejection, request for more documents)...
I can also apply to my home country, where the processing times are 1.5-2years, hence I am just trying to figure out whether Buffalo have even started with post-Feb applications...
2. In case you received your package back, because something was missing, how much time elapsed between your submission and return?
3. when you submitted your application via courier mail, like Fedex, did you include return envelope? (Or does the consulate actually use them, if they want to return stuff?)

Thanks in advance!

C

cajoejoe

kisunja,

I applied for buffalo on November the 5th, 2008 as "IT Technology Manager-0213". it has been over a month and i have not received any communication from them. Hence, I have checked if they have cashed the Cashier's Check "they have not". I am still awaiting any response from them as well. With this new Fast Track program "to expedite, back logs" not sure when the new applicants such as me will be processed. I will post any response from Buffalo, to give others some idea. Bottom line, i am thinking between the back logs and the up coming Holidays ...... hmmmm.. hopefully soon. I hope this encourages you.

~j

C

cajoejoe

rupeshhari,

Per blogger's response, many have received letters "not qualifying under the new list or they are sorting out the back logs. Hopefully, PMM< LEON ,and BCGUY can shed some light on this. or Hopefully the application don't get lost on the way to Sydney NS (jk). Anyhow, i guess will see,and hope some one can post their findings.

~j

C

cajoejoe

I read up a little on this site, I guess everyone needs to do little digging. Here what i discovered. I am sure many of you already know this.

Canadian immigration application submission process revised - Federal Skilled Worker

Wednesday, 03 December 2008

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has issued new ministerial instructions that change the way Federal Skilled Worker applications are submitted to the Canadian immigration visa office.

There are three possibilities.

The visa office to which an application should be sent depends on whether the Federal Skilled Worker applicant has Arranged Employment or has been legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or International Student and is currently residing in Canada. For those that do not fall under either of these distinctions, there is the third process outlined below.

Applicants with Arranged Employment are to submit their applications directly to the Canadian immigration visa office responsible for the applicant's country of nationality or residence (if the applicant has been legally residing in that country for at least one year).

Applications made by Temporary Foreign Worker or International Student currently residing in Canada, who have been legally residing Canada for at least one year, are to be submitted to the Canadian immigration visa office in Buffalo, New York, or the visa office serving the applicant's country of nationality.

All other Federal Skilled Worker applications are to be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) at CPC-Sydney in Nova Scotia. As per CIC's instructions, these applicants must meet new ministerial work experience requirements. These applicants will submit a new set of forms, along with certain basic documents to the CIO, which will forward applicants who meet the basic work experience requirements to the appropriate Canadian immigration visa office abroad. At that time, the CIO will notify qualified applicants that they must submit their complete application to the visa office abroad in a 120 day period.

Those who do not qualify based on the CIO review of work experience qualifications will have their applications returned and their processing fees refunded.

These new parameters were put in place with the goal of reducing Federal Skilled Worker processing times to 6-12 months.

They do not affect the processing methods of other Canadian immigration categorie

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
cajoejoe said:
kisunja,

I applied for buffalo on November the 5th, 2008 as "IT Technology Manager-0213". it has been over a month and i have not received any communication from them. Hence, I have checked if they have cashed the Cashier's Check "they have not". I am still awaiting any response from them as well. With this new Fast Track program "to expedite, back logs" not sure when the new applicants such as me will be processed. I will post any response from Buffalo, to give others some idea. Bottom line, i am thinking between the back logs and the up coming Holidays ...... hmmmm.. hopefully soon. I hope this encourages you.

~j
Thanks for the info, cajoejoe and rupeshhari! cajoejoe, I'd be glad to here about the progress of your case! Yes, I am also afraid that they are in sort of a "holiday mood" now and the processing will go on very slowly...

cajoejoe said:
Per blogger's response, many have received letters "not qualifying under the new list or they are sorting out the back logs.
Do you mean, Buffalo had at least started working on the post 27-Feb applications?

C

cajoejoe

kisunja,

I will keep you posted about my case. I reside in California, USA. My educated Guess is that, they have bins and sorting out and tossing here and there to get things either flown to Sydney NS or rejected letter, or on hold letters for further consideration. Bottom line they are doing house cleaning in my best educated guess. Also, you welcome about the info.

~j

sajidkhan

Dec 6, 2008
File number

Dear sir,
i have sent my application for immigration under professional immigrant in July this year but up to now i didn't receive any file no. or reference no.Further to my query i would also like to know whether i need to send the application again because i already paid the application fees..
Looking forward for your warm response.
sajid khan

Icetax

Sep 28, 2008
cajoejoe said:
I read up a little on this site, I guess everyone needs to do little digging. Here what i discovered. I am sure many of you already know this.

Canadian immigration application submission process revised - Federal Skilled Worker

Wednesday, 03 December 2008

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has issued new ministerial instructions that change the way Federal Skilled Worker applications are submitted to the Canadian immigration visa office.

There are three possibilities.

The visa office to which an application should be sent depends on whether the Federal Skilled Worker applicant has Arranged Employment or has been legally residing in Canada for at least one year as a Temporary Foreign Worker or International Student and is currently residing in Canada. For those that do not fall under either of these distinctions, there is the third process outlined below.

Applicants with Arranged Employment are to submit their applications directly to the Canadian immigration visa office responsible for the applicant's country of nationality or residence (if the applicant has been legally residing in that country for at least one year).

Applications made by Temporary Foreign Worker or International Student currently residing in Canada, who have been legally residing Canada for at least one year, are to be submitted to the Canadian immigration visa office in Buffalo, New York, or the visa office serving the applicant's country of nationality.

All other Federal Skilled Worker applications are to be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) at CPC-Sydney in Nova Scotia. As per CIC's instructions, these applicants must meet new ministerial work experience requirements. These applicants will submit a new set of forms, along with certain basic documents to the CIO, which will forward applicants who meet the basic work experience requirements to the appropriate Canadian immigration visa office abroad. At that time, the CIO will notify qualified applicants that they must submit their complete application to the visa office abroad in a 120 day period.

Those who do not qualify based on the CIO review of work experience qualifications will have their applications returned and their processing fees refunded.

These new parameters were put in place with the goal of reducing Federal Skilled Worker processing times to 6-12 months.

They do not affect the processing methods of other Canadian immigration categorie
I am interested to know what happens to all the applications that have already been sent in since Feb 27 2008 and prior to Dec 03 2008. Are those files being sent to NS ? Or are the current visa offices working those? Will those files be delayed? and possibly worked after something that has been sent in directly to NS more recently? IF the FSW app is on one of the included NOC codes what happens?

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Icetax,
I think it depends on the country you applied to.
For example, in Russia local embassy will process the applications received up to Dec 1st by themselves, and later applicants have to send everything to Nova Scotia