+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question- Sponsoring Egyptian spouse living in Qatar

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
You pick and choose important conversations. If IRCC wants more, they will request it.
Yes, I will have to go through all of it and do so. I mean so much of it is chatting, it's not near the amount we speak on the phone and not as serious but it will have to be reduced significantly if I am still at 30 pages. Thanks!

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
So happy you got it all done and you are together!
Where are you from in Palestine? My mom is from Ramallah, my dad from Qalqilya.
We are still apart sweetheart! It’s has been almost a year and a half and no passport request ! My husband’s birthday is next month and my Canadian citizenship ceremony is next month as well but the ugly truth is .. we are apart ! I’m falling into tears while I’m writing this because I literally used up all of my energy!

We are from beautiful Tulkarm!!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
We are still apart sweetheart! It’s has been almost a year and a half and no passport request ! My husband’s birthday is next month and my Canadian citizenship ceremony is next month as well but the ugly truth is .. we are apart ! I’m falling into tears while I’m writing this because I literally used up all of my energy!

Oh wow! I didn't understand that from your previous post. I do hope they approve him sometime soon. inshallah your citizenship ceremony goes well. I will do dua for your situation. Inshallah khair habibti <3

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I will be purchasing a ticket for November to visit my husband. I will include this in the application as well. Can't wait to get this submitted! :)

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018

Any updates? Inshallah khair!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hi! I am also going to sponsor my husband living in Qatar. Did you hear anything about your case?
Still waiting haha. It's been 9 months into the process. My husband did his biometrics and medicals in December. We applied in October 2019. It transferred to London Visa Office in February. Since then it's been silence.

So where is your spouse originally from or yourself if you are the applicant? When did you apply?

Reactions: Dellopm

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
Still waiting haha. It's been 9 months into the process. My husband did his biometrics and medicals in December. We applied in October 2019. It transferred to London Visa Office in February. Since then it's been silence.

So where is your spouse originally from or yourself if you are the applicant? When did you apply?
I think things really slowed down in March due to COVID-19, I hope they pick up pace again.
I am the Sponsor of my husband, I am a Canadian PR. My husband was born in Qatar and lived there all his life, but he has a Iranian passport. We have been together for 5 years. We have not filed our application yet, because I can not be in Canada until January 2021 due to work related issues.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I think things really slowed down in March due to COVID-19, I hope they pick up pace again.
I am the Sponsor of my husband, I am a Canadian PR. My husband was born in Qatar and lived there all his life, but he has a Iranian passport. We have been together for 5 years. We have not filed our application yet, because I can not be in Canada until January 2021 due to work related issues.
Oh well I hope your application is nice and smooth and quick once you get to send it in. Yes COVID19 has really impacted the wait times. It's a real struggle.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would prepare for longer processing. Iranian nationals tend to have longer processing times even without covid. Perhaps because he has spent his life in Qatar processing will be faster. There are a few countries that notoriously have processing times that are 15+ months. If you have been together for 5 yeara you shouldn't need an interview which will speed things up.

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
Would prepare for longer processing. Iranian nationals tend to have longer processing times even without covid. Perhaps because he has spent his life in Qatar processing will be faster. There are a few countries that notoriously have processing times that are 15+ months. If you have been together for 5 yeara you shouldn't need an interview which will speed things up.
Yes, I worry about his Iranian nationality too. I hope the file moves quickly, because we spent so many hardships in our relationship due to what not and I hope this will be the last one. Phew!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My husband is going to work in Qatar while we await the process. I know we will have to submit additional info, that's of no concern at this point. However, does anyone know if his file would be processed through the Qatar VO or his country of birth? Also, will him being in Qatar slow things down further ie. is it a slower VO (London)?

Any insight is appreciated.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
My husband is going to work in Qatar while we await the process. I know we will have to submit additional info, that's of no concern at this point. However, does anyone know if his file would be processed through the Qatar VO or his country of birth? Also, will him being in Qatar slow things down further ie. is it a slower VO (London)?

Any insight is appreciated.
My husband has been working in Qatar for a long time but is an Egyptian citizen. We submitted his application in October 2019. We are still waiting. It goes through London VO. All of the Gulf region countries are processed from London. We haven't had any useful updates in a long time. Praying it will be over soon.
I have no idea if you have already started the process. I would assume if you have already submitted and it has already transferred to the local visa office of his home country, it will probably stay there. I really don't know much about that. Sorry and hope you get good news quickly.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My husband has been working in Qatar for a long time but is an Egyptian citizen. We submitted his application in October 2019. We are still waiting. It goes through London VO. All of the Gulf region countries are processed from London. We haven't had any useful updates in a long time. Praying it will be over soon.
I have no idea if you have already started the process. I would assume if you have already submitted and it has already transferred to the local visa office of his home country, it will probably stay there. I really don't know much about that. Sorry and hope you get good news quickly.
Thank you. We just applied December 15, so we are in for a long wait yet. I'm hoping it goes to the Paris office before it gets to London. He won't be going to Qatar until February or March... hoping, hoping...