+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question- Sponsoring Egyptian spouse living in Qatar

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Any success stories or suggestions for outland couples who did not live together are also welcome :) ;););)
Hey
My husband and I are both Muslim Palestinians . So in our case we knew each other since we were in high school and lived together after marriage for almost 4 months. We had to fight a procedural fairness letter. Luckily we were able to prove that our relationship is genuine and my husband pass eligibility at the end. What i am trying to say that it is trickier for muslim couples who don’t live with each other before marriage so be prepared for anything

I would love to visit the Maldives by the way

Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey
My husband and I are both Muslim Palestinians . So in our case we knew each other since we were in high school and lived together after marriage for almost 4 months. We had to fight a procedural fairness letter. Luckily we were able to prove that our relationship is genuine and my husband pass eligibility at the end. What i am trying to say that it is trickier for muslim couples who don’t live with each other before marriage so be prepared for anything

Good luck
Did you sponsor your spouse after your big celebration or only after legal contract is signed? Because most couple can’t live together until their big religious ceremony CIC often doesn’t consider couples married until all the ceremonies are done and the couples are able to live together and act like husband and wife. CIC is also aware that many couple do a court marriage in order to submit their application early knowing their ceremony is months away. The hope is that they will get approved by the time they get married or at least they will be reunited faster. Unfortunately most run into problems.

You seem to be under the impression that conservative Muslim marriage are being singled out. Any very religious couple whether it be Jewish, Christian, Hindu, etc. or any arranged marriages will be treated similarly. When couples are not allowed much contact before marriage and get married soon after dating/engagement application will be looked at more carefully. Many couples from a liberal background have often dated for years or lived together and can spend lots of time together with or without friends/family so they have a lot of evidence to submit to CIC from before their wedding. Many have been living together as a “married couple” before submit their application and have proof of living together, vacations together, shared ownership of property, etc.

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hey

Good luck
I am also a Muslim Palestinian, my husband is Muslim Egyptian. . We did not live together for a long period of time because I had to come back to Canada for my job. Khair inshallah.

Maldives is beautiful! We absolutely loved it!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Did you sponsor your spouse after your big celebration or only after legal contract is signed? Because most couple can’t live together until their big religious ceremony CIC often doesn’t consider couples married until all the ceremonies are done and the couples are able to live together and act like husband and wife. CIC is also aware that many couple do a court marriage in order to submit their application early knowing their ceremony is months away. The hope is that they will get approved by the time they get married or at least they will be reunited faster. Unfortunately most run into problems.

You seem to be under the impression that conservative Muslim marriage are being singled out. Any very religious couple whether it be Jewish, Christian, Hindu, etc. or any arranged marriages will be treated similarly. When couples are not allowed much contact before marriage and get married soon after dating/engagement application will be looked at more carefully. Many couples from a liberal background have often dated for years or lived together and can spend lots of time together with or without friends/family so they have a lot of evidence to submit to CIC from before their wedding. Many have been living together as a “married couple” before submit their application and have proof of living together, vacations together, shared ownership of property, etc.

No I am not under the impression that Muslim marriage is being singled out. We had a religious ceremony and then a full reception, as you described. We would not have been able to live together until after the reception as per cultural and religious requirements.

I would never be able to have much proof of living together because I live in Canada and him in Qatar. How would we have shared ownership of property if we were married just recently? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess the proof I provide will have to be tested by the CIC. I am not going to obsess about it, as that will help nothing. I will show all the proofs we have and that's all I can do.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018

Also, Yes, it was a big celebration in a hall with over 100 guests, music, food, etc. Even the maher/ dowry ceremony was part of our wedding reception. Thank you for your input guys!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018

Sorry lol! I thought you were asking me! HAHAHA!

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Sorry lol! I thought you were asking me! HAHAHA!
Hahaha I enjoyed reading your answers though !!

Since you are a Canadian citizen then keep on visiting your husband every now and then because it will be hard to be apart so visiting him will keep you both strong and every time you visit try to collect pictures/ hotel bills and so on

Most likely down the line they will ask you for additional pictures and documents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I am not under the impression that Muslim marriage is being singled out. We had a religious ceremony and then a full reception, as you described. We would not have been able to live together until after the reception as per cultural and religious requirements.

I would never be able to have much proof of living together because I live in Canada and him in Qatar. How would we have shared ownership of property if we were married just recently? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess the proof I provide will have to be tested by the CIC. I am not going to obsess about it, as that will help nothing. I will show all the proofs we have and that's all I can do.
Some couples are in a position to buy a home or condo after marriage but joint leases are also accepted. Property doesn’t only mean homes it could mean cars, appliances and furniture, etc. basically any large purchase that is expected to last a long time.

I brought up the application before your large ceremony because based on your posts you were considering submitting your application at that point and I thought your procedural fairness could have been related.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Some couples are in a position to buy a home or condo after marriage but joint leases are also accepted. Property doesn’t only mean homes it could mean cars, appliances and furniture, etc. basically any large purchase that is expected to last a long time.

I brought up the application before your large ceremony because based on your posts you were considering submitting your application at that point and I thought your procedural fairness could have been related.
Well the amount of evidence we did send to fight the PFL was overwhelming! And luckily we did pass eligibility and also received a pre arrival! Howerver still stuck in BGC for I don’t know how long!!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018

Yeah, I have heard of fraudulent cases with people doing only religious marriage to get citizenship.

We did the whole thing between March 18 (religious and legal marriage) and March 22 (reception), 2019. I would never only do religious marriage for many reasons, but mostly I wanted to be able to live with my husband.

It is to our advantage that we did not go the route of attempting to marry only religiously.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh I have no plans to be getting pregnant that soon. I would prefer waiting until he is here and we have a stable life.

I also included chats from July of 2016 and even first contact just so it's clear that we have been friends and then became more later into the relationship.

The problem is we FIRST met in December of 2018. We are Muslim so it's not unusual that we would get married 4 months after engaging, but I was more concerned if any of you with experience think I should add more.

My concern was the chats are very long and it might upset the immigration officer/assessor. 1200 pages might be just plain ridiculous but if anyone thinks this sounds normal, please let me know, lol.
Follow the guide. The limit for communication proofs is 10 pages. IRCC got tired of people sending ridiculous amounts. Also note that if they are not in English or French, you must get certified translations done.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hahaha I enjoyed reading your answers though !!

Since you are a Canadian citizen then keep on visiting your husband every now and then because it will be hard to be apart so visiting him will keep you both strong and every time you visit try to collect pictures/ hotel bills and so on

Most likely down the line they will ask you for additional pictures and documents
Yes I am going in November, Inshallah. I will take plenty of pictures and request our rental agreement for the month I stay there. I have a rental agreement from when we rented an apartment between April and May.
It is so hard being apart. I absolutely hate it, but really appreciate the marriage much more. I don't know what people did before internet and video calling! How did they live? lol.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Follow the guide. The limit for communication proofs is 10 pages. IRCC got tired of people sending ridiculous amounts. Also note that if they are not in English or French, you must get certified translations done.
All in English. My written Arabic is horrendous lol. Thank you for the input! :)
The only thing is, communication proof at 10 pages seems so limited! How do you prove that much communication in 10 pages- size 2 font?! It's crazy! lol.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Well the amount of evidence we did send to fight the PFL was overwhelming! And luckily we did pass eligibility and also received a pre arrival! Howerver still stuck in BGC for I don’t know how long!!
So happy you got it all done and you are together!
Where are you from in Palestine? My mom is from Ramallah, my dad from Qalqilya.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
All in English. My written Arabic is horrendous lol. Thank you for the input! :)
The only thing is, communication proof at 10 pages seems so limited! How do you prove that much communication in 10 pages- size 2 font?! It's crazy! lol.
You pick and choose important conversations. If IRCC wants more, they will request it.

Reactions: Nadster85