+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Specific Super Visa situation

_firebolt_

Mar 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question about a very specific super visa situation.

A Canadian Permanent Resident has applied for Super Visa for their parents. The Super Visa Application is in process. Medical has been submitted. However, the parents have a dependent child less than 10 years of age (Canadian PR holder's younger sibling) as well living with them in their home country.

Once the parents get approved for the Super Visa, plan is to apply for a Visa for the dependent separately.

In such a situation, what has IRCC done in the past?
- Will the dependent child also be provided with a Super Visa, or a regular visitor visa?
- If the dependent child will be provided with a regular visa, how will he stay in Canada with the parents if the parents plan on staying in Canada for over a year (considering that super visa allows parents to stay up to 2 years, and a regular visa will let the dependent child stay up to 6 months only)

Thanks

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a question about a very specific super visa situation.

A Canadian Permanent Resident has applied for Super Visa for their parents. The Super Visa Application is in process. Medical has been submitted. However, the parents have a dependent child less than 10 years of age (Canadian PR holder's younger sibling) as well living with them in their home country.

In such a situation, what has IRCC done in the past?
- Will the dependent child also be provided with a Super Visa, or a regular visitor visa?
Dependents are not eligible to apply for a super visa.

Might not be granted a TRV either, but you never know.

- If the dependent child will be provided with a regular visa, how will he stay in Canada with the parents if the parents plan on staying in Canada for over a year (considering that super visa allows parents to stay up to 2 years, and a regular visa will let the dependent child stay up to 6 months only)
This is the same reason why the dependent child might not be granted a TRV

_firebolt_

Mar 25, 2019
Dependents are not eligible to apply for a super visa.

Might not be granted a TRV either, but you never know.

This is the same reason why the dependent child might not be granted a TRV
Thank you Bryanna,
I forgot to mention, that once the parents get the Super Visa, a separate application will be made for TRV for the dependent (I just realized I made it sound like that I was asking if the dependent will be given a Visa automatically based on the parents Super Visa Approval)

Gbonski

Nov 9, 2018
please how can i apply as a family for both parents. what is the process to create the online account

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna,
I forgot to mention, that once the parents get the Super Visa, a separate application will be made for TRV for the dependent (I just realized I made it sound like that I was asking if the dependent will be given a Visa automatically based on the parents Super Visa Approval)
Quite honestly, the chances of the dependent being approved a TRV are slim. As a minor s/he won't have any strong ties nor finances. Even his/her study ties are weak at that age.

Hence, it might seem that s/he is moving for a minimum of 2 years along with the parents.... which is not a short-stay expected of a TRV holder. But, you never know, s/he might get approved