+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Question]Schedule A/Background Declaration(IMM 5669), Personal History?

yllier

Feb 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

I need some help filling this form, Schedule A/Background Declaration(IMM 5669), Question 8(Personal History). There says "..write your occupation, or unemployed, studying, travelling,...", and I have travelled to many places but I haven't stayed more than a week, just to point out, I have been outside of my country a few times only during the weekends, so that's only two days, but I do have stamps on my passport for each entrance. I also have two visitor visas on my passport for UK, I have been there two times and haven't stayed more than a week.

So my question is do I have to write these short travellings in question 8, did anybody else have this problem too?

Thank you.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Were you employed/unemployed/studying when you travelled? If you were, then you can mention your travel details on a separate paper/letter.

yllier

Feb 10, 2015
Yes, I was studying at the university. Sorry, do you mean to write everything else in Question 8(Personal History) besides travellings in an additional paper?

Also another thing the form asks to provide Date From(Year & Month) To Date(Year & Month) is this the correct form if I write the same date(year & month) on both since I have stayed/travelled less than a month!

Like this:

From To
[Year | Month][Year | Month]

[tr]
[td] 2013 | 02[/td]
[td] 2013 | 02[/td]
[/tr]

Thank you.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
There are two options for you.

You can mention whatever you were doing (travelling, studying, etc) during a particular period. For example:

From To
Year Month Year Month
xxxx xx xxxx xx Student
xxxx xx xxxx xx Vacation
xxxx xx xxxx xx Student
xxxx xx xxxx xx Travelling
xxxx xx xxxx xx Student

Or
since your travels were of short duration and you are/were a Full Time Student, you should write studying from

From To
Year Month Year Month
xxxx xx xxxx xx Student

Then on a separate sheet of paper you can mention that you also travelled within the country and/or out of country while you were student. Include the details of trips like dd/mm/yyyy or mm/yyyy, purpose etc.

If you travelled less then a month and it started and ended within the same month, yes you can write same yyyy/mm under From and To Columns. Make sure there are no Gaps of period between activities.

yllier

Feb 10, 2015
Hi RajaJi,

Thanks for your reply/help. But I'm more confused right now, because I had a meeting with my lawyer and he said not to mention these travellings at all, because it will just slow down my application processing, because they would have to dig/research your travellings if there's anything suspicious.

I really don't know what to do right now, if I don't mention these travellings then I'm afraid when they ask for my passport they will see all those stamps and visas and figure it out that I haven't mentioned any of those! Or that they will do some background/history check and see my visas and flights.

What would you guys do/think/suggest?

Thank you.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
yllier said:
Hi RajaJi,

Thanks for your reply/help. But I'm more confused right now, because I had a meeting with my lawyer and he said not to mention these travellings at all, because it will just slow down my application processing, because they would have to dig/research your travellings if there's anything suspicious.

I really don't know what to do right now, if I don't mention these travellings then I'm afraid when they ask for my passport they will see all those stamps and visas and figure it out that I haven't mentioned any of those! Or that they will do some background/history check and see my visas and flights.

Thank you.
I won't accept Lawyers suggestion. As I have suggested earlier, you can include travel details either in Schedule A or write it on a separate sheet of paper in an easily readable format. Non disclosure may also be considered Misrepresentation or it is Misrepresentation. Think about it, will you accept some delay in processing or rejection. I will Fire this Lawyer for bad advice before I Hire.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same question.. do we mention travels of 2 days/ 1 week? I am still to see a response to it..
Just reading the question itself, I would assume not to put any travels (unless unemployed etc. at that time).... but just want to confirm..

All of that information is already in the application form, and the Schedule A doesn't seem to be asking for it in the manner that the travel history page of the e-Application asks...
Can anyone confirm: Have they sent Schedule A without any travel history mentioned?

I was told to fill complete Schedule A for PA and spouse.

thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
EFK said:
I have the same question.. do we mention travels of 2 days/ 1 week? I am still to see a response to it..
Just reading the question itself, I would assume not to put any travels (unless unemployed etc. at that time).... but just want to confirm..

All of that information is already in the application form, and the Schedule A doesn't seem to be asking for it in the manner that the travel history page of the e-Application asks...
Can anyone confirm: Have they sent Schedule A without any travel history mentioned?

I was told to fill complete Schedule A for PA and spouse.

thanks
AFAIK only the applicant needs to fill this out. My husband put Question 8 into an excel (spreadsheet) document. This format made the dates easy to list.

The question specifically says to list travelling if you were travelling. So, he put the major travels on there. We didn't put if we went camping for a weekend, but if we went on a long vacation of a month or so he put that on there. Definitely write down all occasions you left the country even if for a few days.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But thats my concern..most trips have been same day,2days or 7 days... then 2 trips of 15 days each thats it..but have mwntioned all in the travel hisotry section...
also, I was specifically asked for 2 different forms for PA and spouse..and we both have this issue...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
EFK said:
But thats my concern..most trips have been same day,2days or 7 days... then 2 trips of 15 days each thats it..but have mwntioned all in the travel hisotry section...
also, I was specifically asked for 2 different forms for PA and spouse..and we both have this issue...
Well if CIC asked for it, of course give it to them. When you first send in the application, it's not required as the spouse in the forms list, but they can ask for whatever they want.

I would say, instead of worrying about it, copy/paste what you put in the travel history section then. The question specifically mentions "travelling".

If you already have all the information, how long could it take to just transfer this over?

winniway

Mar 31, 2016
I was failed in class 10 for one time so next year I had reappeared for exam as a external student. 10th exam had given as external student on March 2005

In my college (started On June 2007-March 2010) I had failed in the first year but I had complete my first year before exam of second year so it could not be count as overlap of education. Am I right?

In the year march 2010, Last year of my bachelor I had failed and reappeared on nov 2010, again reappeared on March 2011 still couldn't complete. I had forgot to reappeared on 2013 due to work load at job but on March 2013 I had completed my bachelor.

I have to fill imm 5669 background declaration form so how can I explain it.

From To. Name of City & country. Field of study. type of certificate. Standard
Y M. Y. M Institution
1994/06 02/03. So&so. Same place. Matriculation. None 1st to 8th

02/06. 04/03. Change school. All time Matriculation. None. 9th & 10th
05/03. 05/03. Same school. Matriculation. Secondary 10th only
( enrolled as
External student)
05/06. 07/03. Change school. Commerce. High secondary 11th & 12th.
07/06. 10/03. College name. Commerce. None. F.y., S.y., T.y.
10/11. 10/11. Same college. Commerce. None. T.Y. Only
11/03. 11/03. (Enrolled as. Commerce. None. T.Y. Only
13/03. 13/03. External student). Commerce. Bachelor. T.y. Only

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
I've just put working or studying or unemployed and traveling for when i traveled somewhere for a longer period of time. Holidays for 1 or 2 weeks I left out. I only included personal details of things where I was doing stuff for a long time. For example, I travelled to south east asia 3 times for a month so i put that. but i didnt include my 10 days in mexico.

My question here is this:

when it says gaps in history, is it ok for me to do the following:

from to
02-2014 03-2014
12-2013 01-2014

the months dont overlap but are next to each other. this is meant to show continuity as i dont know the exact dates. would they prefer it to be the following:

from to
02-2014 03-2014
12-2013 02-2014

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
yllier said:
Hi RajaJi,

Thank you.
Don't worry about the small vacations. Have all the sections of work, education and residence all match up consistently.

If some overlap such as part time job and school, that's fine as these can happen at the same time or overlap. The problem is with gaps where things are not accounted for. If you did nothing for 2 months, say unemployed or searching for work.

Fill in back to 18 years old, and not most recent 10 years. If you don't have 10 years, filling out your activity including high school will not hurt either.

Jigs9090

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14/02/2017
Nomination.....
Waiting
Hello, I am filling a IMM-5669 for parent sponsor visa. They stated that "fill it out for all the family members more than 18 years of age". I am doing it for my mother and father, it is mandatory to fill it out for brother and sister-in-law as well ????

Kabayan Jo

Oct 12, 2018
Hi,
Greetings.
Im new to this forum. Im completing a sponsorship application for my son who is in other country, could i sign on his Imm 5406 in his behalf, my son is just 10 years old. Thanks

Jo