+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding PGWP - Please Help - I might have messed up

saskgirl

May 8, 2015
Hi. I haven't had one night of restful sleep ever since I applied for my PGWP the reason being that I think I may have crossed the 90 days deadline but I'm not entirely sure about this so I need your opinion. I received the letter of meeting the course requirements for graduation by the end of May. I thought that wasn't enough to apply for PGWP so I waited until June 2nd to receive my degree (that was my convocation date). I guess due to laziness on my part and due to financial constraints I wasn't able to apply right away even after receiving my degree. I started counting down my 90 day window from June 2nd instead of May when I received that letter. In my application I only included my transcript and degree, not this letter stating that I met the requirements. I tried applying on the morning of August 31st for PGWP (August 31st being the 90th day) but the website was down to which my application was stuck on "processing submission". I worked at it for 2 hours but it didn't let me proceed. I took a screenshot of it and emailed CIC that my application is stuck. I didn't mention anything about August 31 being the last day I can submit my application but I just informed them of the technical error which was preventing me from proceeding further. The website finally unjammed at around 8 or 9 pm on the night of August 31st and I submitted my application. I received a confirmation letter in the email regarding my submission and even though it was dated August 31st (90th day), it said that CIC received my application on Sep 1st (91st day). what date matters? When I submit my application or when the receive it? Also, when do we need to start counting down? When we received the letter or the date stated on our transcript? (I got the transcript from my uni on August 18th - the transcript states it was issued on August 18th but it also mentions when I received my degree - i.e June 2nd .. my convocation date)

Please share your experience. Any insight would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
According to the CIC website:

You must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
You are under a very dangerous situation. Strictly speaking, you are not be able to get PGWP because you sent your application too late. The 90 days limit counting from the date on your official graduation notice letter.

The only thing you can do is to wish a nice or carelessly officer who will ignore this 90 days limit.