+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding inviting parents- urgent help needed please

Peace16

Oct 31, 2016
We are Permanent residents of Canada since December 2013.Last September we had applied for trv for our 5 months old daughter born in India and it got approved. Me and my daughter are planning to travel to Canada next month.I wish that my parents also could accompany us as their presence would be a great help for me when I return to work with a small baby at home.My question is whether it is possible to invite my parents also now.We own a house in Canada and our parents can stay there. My parents would be supporting themselves during the stay and they will be paying for their trip too. Is it possible to give another invitation letter in this small time gap (as we had just invited our daughter 4 months before).If it's possible ; what reason should they mention as their purpose of visit? Can they say that they are coming to help me to get settled with the kid and also to visit our home that we bought in Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Peace16 said:
My parents would be supporting themselves during the stay and they will be paying for their trip too. Is it possible to give another invitation letter in this small time gap (as we had just invited our daughter 4 months before).
Sure.

If it's possible ; what reason should they mention as their purpose of visit? Can they say that they are coming to help me to get settled with the kid and also to visit our home that we bought in Canada.
No.
Just say that they will be touring around and visiting you. You don't want to give the impression they are "working" to help your baby. If you look around this forum, that reason is often a cause of rejection.
Let them keep the declared trip short, not more 2-3 weeks.

Peace16

Oct 31, 2016
Thank you so much for the reply. So when they fill the form; which option should they pick
Visit family /friends
Or
Tourism