+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Express Entry

sree11

Aug 23, 2017
Friends,
I am working as a Software Engineer and I am thinking about applying through Express Entry. Can you please answer couple of questions about express entry:
1) I have a Bachelors of Engineering (4 year degree) in Computer Science, and I am planning for the "Software Engineer" in the Skilled Occupation List. I have a MBA degree as well. Will the MBA degree count towards my profile and give me points? Or will it be omitted because it is not related to "Software Engineer" occupation?
2) My spouse has a Masters in Microbiology, can she be counted towards my points in the express entry, or will she not be counted because she is not in the same profession as me?
3) Will my wife also need to get the Education evaluation performed along with me to be counted towards the application?
4) We live in the US, is there any good Canadian/US lawyer that I can consult for these and other general questions (initial consultation), preferably someone economical and reliable? I just want to know if I am even eligible.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Sree

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
1) I have a Bachelors of Engineering (4 year degree) in Computer Science, and I am planning for the "Software Engineer" in the Skilled Occupation List. I have a MBA degree as well. Will the MBA degree count towards my profile and give me points? Or will it be omitted because it is not related to "Software Engineer" occupation?
- I think your primary occupation will matter in your work experience which I think is Software engineer and at the same time, you can get points for your MBA masters degree in education. I am not sure, should wait for advice from experts in this forum.

2) My spouse has a Masters in Microbiology, can she be counted towards my points in the express entry, or will she not be counted because she is not in the same profession as me?
-You have to get her degree accessed from WES and you will get points for her education.

3) Is there any good lawyer that I can consult for these and other general questions (initial consultation), preferably someone economical and reliable? I just want to know if I am even eligible.
- this forum has experts that can help with most of the question. But you can hire lawyer anytime.

try http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to calculate your score and factor in all your conditions.