+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding 600 pts of OOPnP and my profile

Jan 2, 2015
Hi

I have received a invitation for OOPNP. Below is the background

CRS 412
NOC - 0601 (Corporate acct Manager)
No Relatives/ Connection with Ontario/ No job offers currently

What i understand is once the person accepts the invitation along with the form and the non refundable fee , Ontario would evaluate his profile and if they find it suitable and meeting the required criteria, 600 pts would be added to the CRS.

I had a few questions:

1)What would be the steps after that? As they are looking for a specific nbr under OOPNP.

2)Would there be a seperate express entry draw for Ontario with all those profiles who were accepted by oopnp (i.e. the other folks with 600 pts credited via OOPNP ?

3)Since my CRS isnt so high for normal Express entry. However i dont hv any job offers or personal relationships in Ontario. Looking at the nbr of people they r going to chose in OOPNp, what should be done? Should i accept the invitation or wait

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbaiApplicant_H said:
Hi

CRS 412

What i understand is once the person accepts the invitation along with the form and the non refundable fee , Ontario would evaluate his profile and if they find it suitable and meeting the required criteria, 600 pts would be added to the CRS.

I had a few questions:

1)What would be the steps after that? As they are looking for a specific nbr under OOPNP.

Yes. 2700 OOPNP invitations this year via EE out of the overall cap of 5200.

2)Would there be a seperate express entry draw for Ontario with all those profiles who were accepted by oopnp (i.e. the other folks with 600 pts credited via OOPNP ?

No. Each successful OOPN applicant wll receive an ITA from the very next draw after receiving those additional 600 points.

3)Since my CRS isnt so high for normal Express entry. However i dont hv any job offers or personal relationships in Ontario. Looking at the nbr of people they r going to chose in OOPNp, what should be done? Should i accept the invitation or wait

If your CRS score isn't close to 450 or higher, you have a strong case for accepting this because CIC appears to be holding the CRS score at that level by doing lesser draws which are spaced further apart. Job offer or personal relationships in Ontario are good-to-have and not mandatory. Having said that, do understand that it is definitely a gamble worth 1500 CAD since that is a non-refundable fee and there is no guarantee yet that every invitation would lead to a nomination.]If your CRS score isn't close to 450 or higher, you have a strong case for accepting this because CIC appears to be holding the CRS score at that level by doing lesser draws which are spaced further apart. Job offer or personal relationships in Ontario are good-to-have and not mandatory. Having said that, do understand that it is definitely a gamble worth 1500 CAD since that is a non-refundable fee and there is no guarantee yet that every invitation would lead to a nomination.

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
I think 600 points wud be added to ur profile in EE and then next draw that happens will get ITA.
so 412+600 points..
since you have got the invite i think you can go for it if u can pay the extra fees n etc..i saw many ppl are already in the process of submitting their Nomination applications there have been many posts in the past couple of days...
since there is a quota on this its best to submit asap before it gets filled out
good luck..

mumbaiApplicant_H said:
Hi

CRS 412

I had a few questions:

Jan 2, 2015
So basically after the 600 pts are added, I would be in the same Pool as other who dont have OOPNP?

my confusion is are those 2700 first come first serve, or they are seeing who are the high score and select them

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mumbaiApplicant_H said:
So basically after the 600 pts are added, I would be in the same Pool as other who dont have OOPNP?

Yes

my confusion is are those 2700 first come first serve, or they are seeing who are the high score and select them

No one knows yet because they haven't started handing out nominations yet. Invitations seem to be going out largely based on CRS score. I'm guessing that nominations should also follow that trend though MCIIT hasn't explicitly declared their criteria for nominating applicants so far.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was so excited to read the post, because my NOC is also 0601 and I score 415 in EE, profile submitted yesterday. So the chances of gettinbg OOPnP are good.

But I have no ties to Ontario. 1500$ is a lot of money for me. I am afraid to lose it if Ontario declines me due to lack of ties. Is it possible?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible because so far we have only been made aware of selection factors to receive an invitation. They haven't explicitly stated the selection/rejection factors for Nominations.

Wait for the next couple of draws to see the trend, If the cutoff doesn't fall below 450 AND you receive an OOPNP invitation, maybe you should take it up.

All the best!

Citizen007

Jun 14, 2015
Hi,

Have a question w.r.t OOPNP

i have 440 points in Express Entry and belong to 2173-software engineers. have updated profile with available funds as 15k and have a bachelor's degree with ECA. have 2 yrs canadian exp in ontario too and ofcourse i updated my profile for preferred province as ontario.

Unfortunatly i did not get any invitation for OOPNP. have recreated my profile last week just incase if it has an advantage

May i ask any experts in this forum to provide insights/suggestions

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizen007 said:
Hi,

Have a question w.r.t OOPNP

i have 440 points in Express Entry and belong to 2173-software engineers. have updated profile with available funds as 15k and have a bachelor's degree with ECA. have 2 yrs canadian exp in ontario too and ofcourse i updated my profile for preferred province as ontario.

Unfortunatly i did not get any invitation for OOPNP. have recreated my profile last week just incase if it has an advantage

May i ask any experts in this forum to provide insights/suggestions

Thanks!
You've done everything that you could. Now you'll have to wait for them to send out the PT - can't expedite the process at your end.

All the best!

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sureshkalagara3 said:
Did you get any pt intrest invitation this week
I also have 400+ updated last week but still no invitation ....whats the reason
The cannot send these PTs forever, 2700 is not so much

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mission_Canada said:
Russian, buddy, did you get the re evaluation result for IELTS?
I got it bro. They made me real mad. Score remained unchanged. Will go for OOPNP

Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:
I got it bro. They made me real mad. Score remained unchanged. Will go for OOPNP
That is not very encouraging, I am waiting for the result myself, mebbe sometime in mid July.