+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question : Reference Letters and Work Experience Letters

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone suggest me what must be included in the work experience and reference letters?

I received ITA in latest draw happened yesterday. I heard we need to submit the work experience related documents. however, the company which i worked for is a small company and they are asking me how the letters format must be?

Do they need to mention NOC code in the letter ?

Do we need to provide both reference letter and also experience letter form the employer?

Could anyone post the format letter here in this thread ?

Could anyone PLEASE suggest or help me! :( :(

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone suggest me what must be included in the work experience and reference letters?

I received ITA in latest draw happened yesterday. I heard we need to submit the work experience related documents. however, the company which i worked for is a small company and they are asking me how the letters format must be?

Do they need to mention NOC code in the letter ?

Do we need to provide both reference letter and also experience letter form the employer?

Could anyone post the format letter here in this thread ?

Could anyone PLEASE suggest or help me! :( :(

Your reference letter should contain the following:

- Your name
- Job title
- Job description
- FT or PT status hence, your weekly hours
- Your annual salary
- Location/Address

Letter should be on company letter head, signed with name of signatory and dated.

One letter is sufficient and no, you don't need to have your NOC code on there.

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
Perfect! thank you very much for your reply!!

So, I am working through an outsourcing company. In the beginning i used to work directly with this company but now i started working with one of his client. so in this case do i need to get two letters from the end client as well as the outsourcing company?
OR
Would that be okay if i just get the letter from outsourcing company since i am working through him ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Under the section "Proof of work experience," it explains the information requirements for the reference letter(s).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

(a) You need a letter from your employer (the company that directly pays you).
(b) If you actually perform the work at a different site for a client company, then yes, it is a good idea to get a client letter as well (modified as appropriate) because they are the ones who actually witness the work that you do.

Usually in this scenario, the employer letter can provide some (but not all) of the details, and the client letter can provide some (but not all) of the details, but together, they provide all the information requirements.