Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
When my partner received his COPR papers last week, there was also a letter informing us that our daughter had been removed from the application, as it appeared she had claim to Canadian citizenship. We were to notify them ASAP if this were not the case. On closer inspection of the COPR papers, we noticed under section 14 where it states are there any dependants of my partners, they have entered 'No', when it should read 'Yes'. I completed a webform informing them that our daughter has no right to claim Canadian citizenship, as I am a permanent resident and her and her father are both British. We also informed them of the incorrect information on section 14 of the COPR forms.

My question is, we still haven't heard back from London yet about this matter and my partner has no later than March 24th to enter Canada. We want to book his flight as soon as possible, but are unable to do so until his paperwork is corrected. I still haven't received COPR paperwork for my daughter who resides here with me in Canada. What can I do? There is no number to speak to a person at London, the only contact I have is this webform. It's so frustrating!!

Does anyone know of a direct phone number, or actual email address? They wanted this info ASAP, but didn't inform us on how to provide it. Thanks for your help.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was your daughter born in the UK or in Canada?

Who is a Canadian citizen?
•In general, you are a Canadian citizen if you were born in Canada. You are not a Canadian citizen if you were born in Canada and at the time of your birth, your parents were neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents, and at least one parent had diplomatic status in Canada.
•In general, you are a Canadian citizen if you became a citizen through the naturalization process in Canada (i.e., you were a permanent resident [a landed immigrant] before you became a citizen).
•In general, you are a Canadian citizen if you were born outside Canada and one of your parents was a Canadian citizen at the time of your birth because the parent was either born in Canada or naturalized in Canada (i.e., the parent was a permanent resident [a landed immigrant] before becoming a citizen). You are the first generation born outside Canada. For more information, please see the “First generation limit to citizenship by descent” section.
•You may be a Canadian citizen if you were born outside Canada between January 1, 1947, and April 16, 2009 inclusively, to a Canadian parent who was also born outside Canada to a Canadian parent (you are the second or subsequent generation born outside Canada). If you think this may apply to you and you need more information, please contact us (see the “Contact Information” section at the end of this publication).

I'm fairly sure the bolded portion is interpreted as: if a child is born in Canada, the only conditions for it NOT claiming Canadian citizenship is if one or both of its parents are diplomats.

British_Bulldog said:
When my partner received his COPR papers last week, there was also a letter informing us that our daughter had been removed from the application, as it appeared she had claim to Canadian citizenship. We were to notify them ASAP if this were not the case. On closer inspection of the COPR papers, we noticed under section 14 where it states are there any dependants of my partners, they have entered 'No', when it should read 'Yes'. I completed a webform informing them that our daughter has no right to claim Canadian citizenship, as I am a permanent resident and her and her father are both British. We also informed them of the incorrect information on section 14 of the COPR forms.

My question is, we still haven't heard back from London yet about this matter and my partner has no later than March 24th to enter Canada. We want to book his flight as soon as possible, but are unable to do so until his paperwork is corrected. I still haven't received COPR paperwork for my daughter who resides here with me in Canada. What can I do? There is no number to speak to a person at London, the only contact I have is this webform. It's so frustrating!!

Does anyone know of a direct phone number, or actual email address? They wanted this info ASAP, but didn't inform us on how to provide it. Thanks for your help.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
020 7258 6600 is the number for CIC London

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
ddobro2: Thank you for your reply. My daughter was born in the UK and none of us are Canadian citizens, however, my parents (her grandparents) are, but I'm sure this has no bearing on our daughter.

Pinklady: Thank you for your reply. I think my partner tried that number, but it just rings and rings. Should we just keep on trying?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was your PPR sent via email or snail mail? If the published email address is useless, look if they've sent you any correspondence and use that email address, which is a lot better than the one on the site, to reply. In addition, I'm thinking you want to have your Minister of Parliament inquire on your hehalf. I would NOT land before this issue is taken care of.
British_Bulldog said:
ddobro2: Thank you for your reply. My daughter was born in the UK and none of us are Canadian citizens, however, my parents (her grandparents) are, but I'm sure this has no bearing on our daughter.

Pinklady: Thank you for your reply. I think my partner tried that number, but it just rings and rings. Should we just keep on trying?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
British_Bulldog said:

as far as I have noticed and experienced, both web form and their telephone number are useless, they never reply, phone number will take you to different voice messages which is very frustrating, try this email address, mention you case reference number, your name and DOB, they will reply for sure! re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
British_Bulldog said:

I might have this wrong, but if your parents are Canadian citizens, doesnt that make you a Canadian citizen by birth? or am I just confused :)

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
Hi Mandy,

No, myself, my parents and my brother were all permanent residents. My parents and brother decided to go for their citizenship (I didn't bother, as I was at college in the UK). So it's only me who is still a permanent resident. We were all born in the UK.

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
We didn't receive PPR as we are in a visa exempt country. We should received the COPR papers with a website address.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Oh Ok, sorry, ;D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hmmm that is strange. It seems like CIC have totally got the wrong end of the stick. Try using the email address that Hsbalouch provided.
Does your husband live anywhere near london? could he actually go to CIC in person with the query? Other than that, keep trying to call, or phone up CIC Mississauga... maybe they could help?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR doesn't have to do with being from a visa-exempt country. You received a message that they were ready to accept your passport for visa issuance, correct? So how did that message come?
British_Bulldog said:
We didn't receive PPR as we are in a visa exempt country. We should received the COPR papers with a website address.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indeed, try london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Those that have corresponded to that email and gotten a reply have gotten it from re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca so try the second as well. I don't know how good it will be to visa the VO in person. A lot of them do not allow this except certain specific days for only submitting passports in person.

pinklady said:
Hmmm that is strange. It seems like CIC have totally got the wrong end of the stick. Try using the email address that Hsbalouch provided.
Does your husband live anywhere near london? could he actually go to CIC in person with the query? Other than that, keep trying to call, or phone up CIC Mississauga... maybe they could help?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
PPR doesn't have to do with being from a visa-exempt country. You received a message that they were ready to accept your passport for visa issuance, correct? So how did that message come?
from december 1st they are not issuing visa on passports of visa exempt nationals, its only a piece of paper called COPR!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
No, recently, London have just been sending out the COPR with no PPR at all.