+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Visa Office change

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi Guys,

I plan to change the Visa Office, but i am a bit concerned about a point listed under Step 1 of the PPR email, which i am quoting below

* Have you changed your contact information : email address / mailing address / telephone number ?

If one wants to change to Visa office, would it be sufficient if we just simply email the CIC requesting the change ?

OR
simply put, if we ask for a Visa office change, does this qualify as a mailing address change ?

Here in my case, i do want to change the visa office, but want to keep the mailing address same which is of my lawyer in Canada

Would a simple mail to CIC requesting Visa office change be suffcient ?
Will they expect me to notify them about my current address as well ?

This point highlighted in red has got me mighty confused.

Your advice would certainly help.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
You seem to be over complicating something simple. Your mailing address is clearly not changing, so why change it?

I would send a clear email (or letter) to CIC stating your situation, e.g. write what visa office you would like to use, your current address and your current mailing address. This doesn't need to be confusing.

You may find it useful to look through the following thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-visa-stamping-in-other-office-without-cpc-reply-t219089.0.html

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
The_Dark_Knight said:
Hi Guys,

I plan to change the Visa Office, but i am a bit concerned about a point listed under Step 1 of the PPR email, which i am quoting below

* Have you changed your contact information : email address / mailing address / telephone number ?

If one wants to change to Visa office, would it be sufficient if we just simply email the CIC requesting the change ?

OR
simply put, if we ask for a Visa office change, does this qualify as a mailing address change ?

Here in my case, i do want to change the visa office, but want to keep the mailing address same which is of my lawyer in Canada

Would a simple mail to CIC requesting Visa office change be suffcient ?
Will they expect me to notify them about my current address as well ?

This point highlighted in red has got me mighty confused.

Your advice would certainly help.
If you had earlier provided your mailing address as your lawyer (in Canada), then you should not change your visa office. Visa office should only be moved if direct correspondence is handled in a different visa office jurisdiction.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
maniac2403 said:
If you had earlier provided your mailing address as your lawyer (in Canada), then you should not change your visa office. Visa office should only be moved if direct correspondence is handled in a different visa office jurisdiction.
Actually I had filed my case through my lawyer in Canada, after which i moved to India.
The mailing address on my file is still my Lawyer's address.

Now, since I have received PPR while I am out of Canada, i cannot send the PP to Ottawa.
That's why there is the need to change to Visa office.

The question is if I request CIC for VO change, would they expect me to notify them about my current address, which I fear would slow down the process.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
if your lawyer has been appointed as your representative, that will not change (nor will his address) unless you submit the form to cancel a representative.

However, you still should have informed CIC that you moved back to India.

Whatever you decide you want to do, it is a simple matter of communicating it to CIC - You (or your lawyer) can tell CIC that you are currently in India and would like to submit the passport to the New Delhi office for stamping, but all correspondence should continue going to your representative.

They may or may not agree, and it will take a little time to transfer the file.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
CIC Call Center is not accessible from India.

-------

Friends,

Please share your inputs, running out of time here.

Thanks in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ask your lawyer.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
jes_ON said:
ask your lawyer.
Jes,
I did that already before posting this thread.
The lawyer informed me about the avialble options & has left it to me to decide.

To do that i just want to know, if i request change in Visa office for Passport stamping, would CIC expect me to notify them about my current address (in India) as well ?

My preference is to keep my mailing address as my lawyer's.

So in this case, would it be sufficient if a simple mail is sent to CIC requesting Visa office change, including a note that my mailing address be kept the same ?

AMG

Sep 23, 2014
The_Dark_Knight said:
Jes,
I did that already before posting this thread.
The lawyer informed me about the avialble options & has left it to me to decide.

To do that i just want to know, if i request change in Visa office for Passport stamping, would CIC expect me to notify them about my current address (in India) as well ?

My preference is to keep my mailing address as my lawyer's.

So in this case, would it be sufficient if a simple mail is sent to CIC requesting Visa office change, including a note that my mailing address be kept the same ?

Hello Dark_knights

In my case i am in Canada and my wife in India . we got passport request to submit to Ottawa, my representative told me that both of our passport has to be stamped together either in Canada or India and on the passport request email it clearly say...If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

so decided i will change our visa stamping location to Delhi so i requested my representative to email CIC.

good luck

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
AMG said:
Hello Dark_knights

In my case i am in Canada and my wife in India . we got passport request to submit to Ottawa, my representative told me that both of our passport has to be stamped together either in Canada or India and on the passport request email it clearly say...If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

so decided i will change our visa stamping location to Delhi so i requested my representative to email CIC.

good luck
Thanks AMG,

Now, i have also asked my representative to request CIC for changing visa office to New Delhi.

Wait begins for their response.

Some one from the forum reported a turnaround time of 10 calendar days, lets see how it turns out for us.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The_Dark_Knight said:

CIC always expects you do notify them of a change of address, regardless of whether you change visa offices or whether you change your mailing address.

You are allowed to have a "mailing address" that is different from your physical address, but you have to tell CIC.