+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on COPR

rsirish

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,

My name is Sirish. We recently received a notification to submit our passports for the issuance of COPR. We have a deadline of 30 days. My wife is the primary applicant and we are based out of india. How long does it take for the embassy to issue COPR and return the passports? What are the next steps once you are issued a COPR?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you have COPR and pp, you can take a plane and land in Canada to activate your PR status.

Reactions: Argie2016

Aniclb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 23-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
rsirish said:
Thank you Steaky. Do you know the timelines of issuing a COPR?

Hi

I heard from others, based in India, that it takes approx 10 days to get the passports stamped with COPR.

neng maxwell

Feb 21, 2015
Dear sir. Accept my greetings. I live in Cameroon. I have a pertinent issues disturbing me with regards to migrating to Canada under the family class. My wife is my sponsor and she lives in Canada. The Canadian embassy sent me an e- mail a year ago to send my passport for PR visa but unfortunately I can't explain what happened I did not received this mail. It was last month in April 2017 my wife wrote Dakar to find out about the status of my application before we discovered they requested my passport since last year WC is 11 months ago. Dear sir can I still send my passport to the Canadian embassy for the PR visa to be affixedexplaining to them what happened? I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards

neng maxwell

Feb 21, 2015
I received my passport stamped with the COPR in 8 days.
Dear sir. Accept my greetings. I live in Cameroon. I have a pertinent issues disturbing me with regards to migrating to Canada under the family class. My wife is my sponsor and she lives in Canada. The Canadian embassy sent me an e- mail a year ago to send my passport for PR visa but unfortunately I can't explain what happened I did not received this mail. It was last month in April 2017 my wife wrote Dakar to find out about the status of my application before we discovered they requested my passport since last year WC is 11 months ago. Dear sir can I still send my passport to the Canadian embassy for the PR visa to be affixedexplaining to them what happened? I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards

rsirish

Dec 1, 2016
Neng i am not sure if i will be able to answer this. There is a time period of 30 days to submit the passport post which the application needs to be resubmitted once again. This is my guess. I suggest you check with the embassy or CIC officials to understand your situation.