+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for passport holders (ideally from Calgary)

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
I was in the same situation got my certificate within 2 days and another 2 days for passport. According to your ticket terms and conditions when is the latest possible time for you to reschedule the ticket without additional penalties? If like some airlines you can reschedule upto any time before departure time, I suggest you wait until your oath date to see if your officer agrees to send it within 2 days if you dont receive within 3 days then you can reschedule ur trip.
That is my plan at this time! I'll see if the officer agrees to expedite it to make a final decision about my trip. I believe I have until 24 hours before the date to reschedule it (with a charge, of course). I'm not sure they will agree, though, since it's likely that most applicants will be asking for urgent processing since the ceremony is so close to Christmas :(

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
That is my plan at this time! I'll see if the officer agrees to expedite it to make a final decision about my trip. I believe I have until 24 hours before the date to reschedule it (with a charge, of course). I'm not sure they will agree, though, since it's likely that most applicants will be asking for urgent processing since the ceremony is so close to Christmas :(
Hopefully it works out well for you. Just stay positive and look forward to the ceremony and how you are going to celebrate. There are applicants from 2019 who are still waiting for test invites let alone ceremony dates!. They would do anything to be in your place even if it means delaying christmas with family so try to look on the bright side and be optimistic about getting the certificate in time. Congrats for the oath btw! Best of luck.

Reactions: VictorCA

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds interesting, but risky. I would hate to be stuck abroad and have to deal with embassies and stuff to get a passport.

I appreciate everyone's input! It sounds like I'll just have to reschedule my trip.
It's doable. A relative of mine had that experience (although unpleasant) years ago .

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully it works out well for you. Just stay positive and look forward to the ceremony and how you are going to celebrate. There are applicants from 2019 who are still waiting for test invites let alone ceremony dates!. They would do anything to be in your place even if it means delaying christmas with family so try to look on the bright side and be optimistic about getting the certificate in time. Congrats for the oath btw! Best of luck.
Oh, absolutely! I hope my thread is not coming across as offensive. I am so grateful to have an oath date, and I'd rather reschedule my trip than the oath. My family understands how important it is. Even though it would be the 3rd Christmas we don't spend together, they understand if I have to prioritize the oath.

GustaElg14

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I am kind of in the same boat. From Calgary, scheduled oath for Dec 02 and travelling on Dec 18. Not sure what to do. In a normal situation I would prefer to delay the oath, but I don't trust CIC at all and nether the yyc office. Knowing them I don't want them to delay my oath for 2023

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Honestly - between delaying oath and delaying vacation, do not delay oath. I know many of us haven't seen our families in 2 years but the reality is you will be waiting a long time to get oath again so even though it is painful, try and take the oath and then do your best to expedite certificate and passport

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Honestly - between delaying oath and delaying vacation, do not delay oath. I know many of us haven't seen our families in 2 years but the reality is you will be waiting a long time to get oath again so even though it is painful, try and take the oath and then do your best to expedite certificate and passport
I agree. In an ideal world, the officer will agree to expedite the certificate, but we'll see. I'll likely just have to reschedule my trip. I'd rather put this whole process behind me.

Reactions: novascotia27

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Just letting you know Calgary office is slowwwww. I did oath Nov 16. I did not ask for expedited certificate so not sure if it will be faster. But I’m still waiting for tracker to close or update..

GustaElg14

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I called them today and they suggested me to delay the ceremony as even though they can expedite the citizenship certificate they can't ensure that you will receive it sooner than the regular time. In my case, I can't delay my trip so I have to keep waiting for the bloody passport. Also, I believe that a lot of people will be travelling for the holidays, so most of them will ask for urgent processing and knowing the history of the Calgary office, I can't really risk it. Good luck guys!

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
Thanks for all the replies! I've decided not to reschedule my oath and try my luck at getting the cert expedited. I agree that most applicants will likely be asking for that around the holidays, but that doesn't mean I won't try haha. At least this whole thing is almost over!