+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about travel documents PLS REPLY ASAP

robt.1234

Oct 24, 2012
i applied for my new pr card but they return it back and i want to go home by end of november. can i apply for my pr card then go and apply for my travel documents when i want to go back.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What exactly did they return? Did they return your application? Why?

Do you meet the residency requirements?

If you meet the requirements, you can leave Canada and get a travel document when you want to return. However, the processing time for a travel document can be a few weeks at some embassies so if you are not going to stay for months, you may want to apply for the travel document as soon as you arrive at home so you will have it when you want to go back. A travel document is usually valid for 6 months.

robt.1234

Oct 24, 2012
yes they return my application due to lack of info and no copy of the passport or travel documents you held at the time you became a permanent resident and i dont know what it is iether. they just return it today. iill be away like 4-5 months.
i have been here in canada for 5 years

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case, you are fine to leave. Ask the embassy when you arrive at home how long it normally takes them to process a travel document so you can apply for it in good time, maybe 2-3 months before you actually want to go back.

robt.1234

Oct 24, 2012
3 last question
1 where should i apply my travel documents in my country or while im in canada (in guessing in my country but im not sure)
2 should i complete the document that they return. or wait till i came back
3 how long it will take if i return my document and get my pr card

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Like I said, you must apply for the travel document at a Canadian embassy. You can not apply for it in Canada.

2. It is up to you if you apply again to renew your PR card now or wait until you come back.

3. The normal processing time for a PR card now is 3 months.