+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the oath, traveling, and coming back with a special authorization

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I've been reading the forums here but still haven't found a single person who has actually done the oath for citizenship days prior to a trip, and applying for a special authorization as a dual-citizen with a passport that is visa-exempt to fly back to Canada due to not having enough time to get a Canadian Passport.

Anyone here who has done this? I think I haven't found anything yet cause I understand that we could think "what's the point in coming back to the forum after becoming a citizen?".
I'm just trying my luck here.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,

I've been reading the forums here but still haven't found a single person who has actually done the oath for citizenship days prior to a trip, and applying for a special authorization as a dual-citizen with a passport that is visa-exempt to fly back to Canada due to not having enough time to get a Canadian Passport.

Anyone here who has done this? I think I haven't found anything yet cause I understand that we could think "what's the point in coming back to the forum after becoming a citizen?".
I'm just trying my luck here.

Thanks!
What type of dual citizen? The only one that makes a big difference is US.

jescaba86

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What type of dual citizen? The only one that makes a big difference is US.
Hence why my question. You probably don't know what I'm talking about.
The question I'm asking is not for Canadian-American citizens.
According to the Canada website, people with dual citizenship (excluding Americans), and with a passport from a visa-exempt country, can apply to a special authorization to board a flight to come back to Canada in case they don't have a Canadian Passport.
Scroll down on this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html
Look for the section that says: "Find out if you are eligible for a special authorization to board your flight to Canada"