+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the first step in applying

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

After submitting my EE profile (FSW), is there any province that I can apply to by itself, or do I have to wait for NOI from one of them? Like Ontario for example, I believe I can only wait for NOI, same for Alberta, but is there any exceptions?

My score is very low right now (403) and I'm working on improving it.
My NOC is 1111 so for SINP it seems I'm not eligible while 1311 is. I wonder if I can change my NOC in my profile if that could give me a better chance.
Of course, I did work as both at the same time since I was an accountant who did a lot of bookkeeping in the company that I worked for, and they were willing to provide me with a R.L. for either of them.

Also in my profile, it says that I'm eligible for FSW but not for PNP. When does that change? only when I get an NOI, right?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Up until now, these are my findings:
Alberta has no program outside express entry.
British Columbia has a program but there should be a job offer. This job offer does not require LMIA but it does require the employer to prove that he tried hiring a Canadian first.
Manitoba has a program but it requires the candidate to prove his connection to the province.
New Brunswick has a program, but only accepts candidates in the province who also have work permits.
Newfoundland and Labrador province needs a valid job offer.
Northwest Territories province needs a valid job offer.

I'm looking at the rest, but until now only BC is possible for me if I can get a job offer, which is not likely even without LMIA.
What is your take regarding above info? did I misunderstand any of it?

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I completed my search, and here are the rest of my findings,
Nova Scotia used to have a program that is suitable for my case but closed it, now only by Express Entry.
Ontario is only available by Express Entry.
Prince Edward Island has a system that I was able to apply to, with 60/100 points I don't think my chances are good enough.
Saskatchewan has a program, but my NOC is not allowed (1111), while a close one (1311) is okay to submit.
Yukon requires a valid job offer.

That's everything I could find, please advise if I can apply to any other province than PEI which was the only one I could try.