+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about submitting IMM 5669 online

Ron233

Jan 4, 2017
Hi all, just a question about submitting IMM 5669 online. CIC asks for my IMM 5669, it said that "the complete and validated schedule A form, in PDF format, should only be saved to your computer and uploaded directly into your online account", then it mentioned that "print out the form and sign in writing (provide your handwritten signature)" ... I am thinking CIC may need two copies of IMM 5669, one is the validated form directly into online account, another is the print and handwritten copy then upload to online account, am I correct? I also found that only one copy of document can be accepted in the online account. Thank you so much!

Reactions: AliZeus

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, you are not correct. there is only 1 form needed.

you need to fill out the form, validate the form, print it out, sign it, then scan it to your computer to upload to your account.

the form needs to be hand signed. if you submit it without an actual signature, it will not be considered complete.

Reactions: Eldis

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Here's the instructions from the guide:

If you are submitting this form electronically:

You must fill out the form on your computer, validate it, and save it to be able to submit it electronically. You will not be able to upload a form that has been printed and scanned, even if it has been validated.
In the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool.
When you submit your Schedule A electronically through your online account, you will complete an electronic signature when you upload the document.
At that time, you will certify that the information provided is true, complete and correct.
You do not need to print a copy of the form or sign a paper copy.

If you are submitting this form in paper format by mail:

You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
If you are filling it out on the computer: In the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
If you are filling the form out by hand: In the signature section, sign your name and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.

Reactions: John013

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ok, then. what's your question? you still need to ONLY submit 1 form. obviously my previous comment about validating AND signing by hand was wrong. the original post did not suggest there were 2 different sets of instructions provided. reading the actual langugage in the letter it is obvious there is 1 set of instructions for sending the form electronically and 1 set of instructions for sending the form by regular mail. it is not suggesting to send 2 forms. it is telling you to decide how to send them the form - either by uploading the form on your account OR by mailing it to them.

the instructions are very clear here. decide which option to choose and follow the instructions accordingly.

canadiantica15 said:

You must fill out the form on your computer, validate it, and save it to be able to submit it electronically. You will not be able to upload a form that has been printed and scanned, even if it has been validated.
In the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool.
When you submit your Schedule A electronically through your online account, you will complete an electronic signature when you upload the document.
At that time, you will certify that the information provided is true, complete and correct.

You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
If you are filling it out on the computer: In the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
If you are filling the form out by hand: In the signature section, sign your name and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
either you "fill out, valididate and ELECTRONICALLY sign the form before UPLOADING (option A) OR you fill out the form, print it, sign it BY HAND, and MAIL it to them (Option B).

either choose option a or option b. if you choose option A - you don't need to hand sign the form. if you choose option b - you don't need to validate the form. the choice is yours.

Dmak

Jan 4, 2017
canadiantica15 said:

Thanks!! YOU ARE SUCH A BIG HELP! ;) :)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Dmak said:
Thanks!! YOU ARE SUCH A BIG HELP! ;) :)
This is directly from the page with all the forms:

Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2016
Don’t submit the Schedule A form with your application.
Fill it out and save an electronic copy.
We’ll tell you when to send it to us through your online account.

They don't want a paper copy.

Aujla8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
danawhitaker said:
This is directly from the page with all the forms:

Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2016
Don’t submit the Schedule A form with your application.
Fill it out and save an electronic copy.
We’ll tell you when to send it to us through your online account.

They don't want a paper copy.
which address I should send this form imm5669.please help.

leenvi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-20-2017
Doc's Request.
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
File Transfer...
Pending
Med's Request
04-11-2017
Med's Done....
21-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aujla8 said:
which address I should send this form imm5669.please help.
Hi aujla8. Did you already submitted your Schedule A? And is ther a Validate button while filling put the form?

leenvi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-20-2017
Doc's Request.
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
File Transfer...
Pending
Med's Request
04-11-2017
Med's Done....
21-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ron233 said:
Hi all, just a question about submitting IMM 5669 online. CIC asks for my IMM 5669, it said that "the complete and validated schedule A form, in PDF format, should only be saved to your computer and uploaded directly into your online account", then it mentioned that "print out the form and sign in writing (provide your handwritten signature)" ... I am thinking CIC may need two copies of IMM 5669, one is the validated form directly into online account, another is the print and handwritten copy then upload to online account, am I correct? I also found that only one copy of document can be accepted in the online account. Thank you so much!
Hi. I am filling out an Schedule A form, but why there's no "VALIDATE" button?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
leenvi said:
Hi. I am filling out an Schedule A form, but why there's no "VALIDATE" button?
Are you using the form dated Nov. 2016?

leenvi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-20-2017
Doc's Request.
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
File Transfer...
Pending
Med's Request
04-11-2017
Med's Done....
21-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Survivor27 said:
Are you using the form dated Nov. 2016?
Can you send me a link of the updated schedule A? The one with validate button please? Thank you so much in advance

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
leenvi said:
Can you send me a link of the updated schedule A? The one with validate button please? Thank you so much in advance
I found out that the current version of IMM 5669 is January 2017. To download the form, click here. After you get directed to a new page, right click the link under "Submit your Schedule A...." then select 'Save link as' and save the form on your computer.

Good luck! :)

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Survivor27 said:
I found out that the current version of IMM 5669 is January 2017. To download the form link under "Submit your Schedule A...." then select 'Save link as' and save the form on your computer.

Good luck! :)
Really helpful! Waiting for AOR2 tooo

rshah73

Mar 31, 2017
I don' see validate option in IMM5669E form. I need to submit this form in my account on mycic portal. I also need to submit IMM0008E form which has validate option, IMM5562E (doesn't need signature) and IMM5406E (no validate option). I only have one field to upload all these documents related to sponsoring my spouse. Should I print, sign and scan these forms which don't have validate option to upload on mycic ?