+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about requested additional documents

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hi,

I just received an online letter from CIC to submit additional documents for my PR application through Express Entry.
However, I can't quite figure out exactly what they want.

it says :
Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip
duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information.

does anyone have any idea what they must mean by "including citizenship and resident document information"?
I don't see anything related to it on the "Supplementary Information - Your Travels" form.

Thanks in advance.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
Hi,

I just received an online letter from CIC to submit additional documents for my PR application through Express Entry.
However, I can't quite figure out exactly what they want.

it says :
Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip
duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information.

does anyone have any idea what they must mean by "including citizenship and resident document information"?
I don't see anything related to it on the "Supplementary Information - Your Travels" form.

Thanks in advance.
It appears as if they're asking for your current citizenship status proof. Suggest you upload a copy of your passport along with any pertinent visa/entry/exit stamp pages. Also recommend clarifying the same in a letter. Obviously, all of this will have to be uploaded as one PDF if they've only given you one upload slot.

Good luck!

itainttrue

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Deccan said:
It appears as if they're asking for your current citizenship status proof. Suggest you upload a copy of your passport along with any pertinent visa/entry/exit stamp pages. Also recommend clarifying the same in a letter. Obviously, all of this will have to be uploaded as one PDF if they've only given you one upload slot.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback Deccan,
That's rather strange though...because I already provided them with passport pages with all the stamps in my initial application.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itainttrue said:
Thanks for the feedback Deccan,
That's rather strange though...because I already provided them with passport pages with all the stamps in my initial application.
Strange indeed are the ways of CIC :) They asked me also for documentation that I had already provided with my initial application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're being asked to support each of your travels with either a citizenship or temporary resident in that specific country. Upload all your visa stamps in addition to the IMM 5562 form.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You're being asked to support each of your travels with either a citizenship or temporary resident in that specific country. Upload all your visa stamps in addition to the IMM 5562 form.
Asivad, do they ask this from everybody? I know for sure there are a couple of countries I went to which they send you your visa as a pdf before you come, so they don't stamp their visa in your passport. These were business travels in a previous job so I can't access that email anymore. Is this a problem? Or are you taking about the airport entry/ exit stamps in the passport?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ufa6174 said:
Asivad, do they ask this from everybody? I know for sure there are a couple of countries I went to which they send you your visa as a pdf before you come, so they don't stamp their visa in your passport. These were business travels in a previous job so I can't access that email anymore. Is this a problem? Or are you taking about the airport entry/ exit stamps in the passport?
Not a common request. Passport stamps should suffice for this purpose.

igenena

May 15, 2016
Category........
FSW
Guys, does this include all trips to and from country of origin or residence?
the request says all your trips, while the form says excluding country of origin or residence

please assist me as i have very few days left.

ahmed.tawfik

Jan 16, 2017
Guys, does this include all trips to and from country of origin or residence?
the request says all your trips, while the form says excluding country of origin or residence

please assist me as i have very few days left.
Hi igenena, Did you figure out what you should do?

I've few questions, if you could help me as i'm in the same situation as you :)
- Do I've to provide the stamps (Exit and Entry stamps) for the origin and destination countries for the same trip? Or the destination country stamp is enough
- In case the stamps in Arabic, should I translate these stamps
- Do I need to submit the Exit/Entry stamps and the visa stamp? Or the Exit/Entry stamps would be sufficient

Your reply is highly appreciated, even you don't have the answers to my questions :)

Last edited:

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
I have also received the same message with that exact wording today. I have no idea what the line "including citizenship and resident document information" means. I listed all my travel information and scanned every stamped page of my passport for the PR application. I have 6 days to figure it out. Its a shame they be so unclear about such important information. Especially when they seemingly have all that information anyway. Man o man.

Anyway help appreciated!!

ahmed.tawfik

Jan 16, 2017
I have also received the same message with that exact wording today. I have no idea what the line "including citizenship and resident document information" means. I listed all my travel information and scanned every stamped page of my passport for the PR application. I have 6 days to figure it out. Its a shame they be so unclear about such important information. Especially when they seemingly have all that information anyway. Man o man.

Anyway help appreciated!!
The line "including citizenship and resident document information" means that you have to provide all the visas and in some cases the visa extension that proves your stay was legal.
I guess the issue may be because some visa stamps in language other than English or French, or may be because one stamp is not clear.

In my case, I attached the form IMM5562E along with scan copy of all the visas and exit/entry stamps in addition to a translation of the all the visas and exit/entry stamps written in language different than English or French. I also added one page for the notes to describe the situation.

FYI, my case still under processing and not approved yet, so I'm not sure what I did is the perfect response or I missed any thing.

Good Luck.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
The line "including citizenship and resident document information" means that you have to provide all the visas and in some cases the visa extension that proves your stay was legal.
I guess the issue may be because some visa stamps in language other than English or French, or may be because one stamp is not clear.

In my case, I attached the form IMM5562E along with scan copy of all the visas and exit/entry stamps in addition to a translation of the all the visas and exit/entry stamps written in language different than English or French. I also added one page for the notes to describe the situation.

FYI, my case still under processing and not approved yet, so I'm not sure what I did is the perfect response or I missed any thing.

Good Luck.
Thank you! I think I may know what it is. Somehow I overlooked scanning in my current work visa. I also didn't upload my ECA with my degree which they have also requested, so I'm kind of surprised they didn't reject my app. I'm not sure if I should re-scan my whole passport again, or just the missing visa.

At this rate I'm going to have to scan a lot into the second LOE spot they have opened up. This will include extra travel history pages, passport, visas and ECA.. all into one LOE. Yikes!!

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Could it be that you mention trips to countries - for which you have visas/stamps to your previous passport, which you didn't upload?
That would be strange anyway, because nobody is obliged to poses his expired passport.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Could it be that you mention trips to countries - for which you have visas/stamps to your previous passport, which you didn't upload?
That would be strange anyway, because nobody is obliged to poses his expired passport.
No, all trips in the last 10 years are on my current passport. I think I will just scan both my visas since I've been in Canada and add notes to all trips in my travel history log stating which working visa I was under at the time.

asmgx

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Now it is my turn. They asked me the same thing.
Anyone figured out what do they exactly mean by that?

I have many trips in my expired passports, not sure what exactly they want
so I will re-list the travels again (Including the country of residence) and I will try to include all expired passports stamps.