+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about refugee status and visa to enter Canada

thaeaese

Jun 6, 2014
Hi,

Wanting information on how to proceed with a case where refugee status was granted and while in the process of getting a permanent resident card, I left the Canada to return to country. If I want to return to Canada, what is the best way to proceed? The Canadian government isn't aware about this but I would like to come clean and deal with this to return to Canada, any advice is great.

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
thaeaese said:
Hi,

Wanting information on how to proceed with a case where refugee status was granted and while in the process of getting a permanent resident card, I left the Canada to return to country. If I want to return to Canada, what is the best way to proceed? The Canadian government isn't aware about this but I would like to come clean and deal with this to return to Canada, any advice is great.

Thanks
Coming clean with CIC is going to be the least of your worries because just to start, before you can return to canada, since you don't have your PR card in hand, you'll need to get a PRTD (I am assuming because you were successful with refugee claim you are NOT visa exempt) and as soon as you do that, they'll pull your file, see you are a refugee claimant, see where you are at trying to get a PRTD and likely refuse it to you and then remove your PR status.

After you claim refugee status, you are NOT supposed to return to the very same country you claimed you needed to be protected from. That is a MAJOR no no and I am 99.9% positive you just shot yourself in the foot by heading back 'home'.