25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello,

I am sponsoring my common-law spouse from Chile the outland route. Our application was received Jan. 25 and we got AOR1 on Feb. 23. Right now, the status on MyCIC account says that Background check is In Progress.

The background on my partner is that he lived in Canada for a period of one year from 2012 - 2013. Before he left the country, we obtained a Police Information Check (without the Vulnerable Sector Search). We told the police we needed a criminal record check for immigration purposes. At that time, he was thinking of applying for PR through routes other than family sponsorship.

I did not submit the Police Information Check letter upfront with our application as I read on the checklist that they would also be requesting my partner to fill out a Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669). So we thought that we'd just submit the letter at the same time.

After reading some other posts on this forum about others getting requests for fingerprinting done as well as rereading the requirements for obtaining criminal record files,

What is the likelihood that they will be requesting fingerprints and a criminal record check from the RCMP, given his circumstances?

Is that criminal record check from the RCMP different from the one I obtained from the Police Service (we requested that through the Calgary Police Service)? On the letter it says a search was done through Canada's National Repository for criminal records.

I forgot to add that he did submit in his app, a translated criminal record document from Chile, as per country specific requirements. Also he has only ever lived in Chile and Canada (resided in a country for more than 6 months).

If anyone has any answers to these questions, I would really appreciate it!