+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about past sponsorship

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! 4 years ago i have sponsored my then husband but because we split we informed cic and the he was not sponsored . Now i am sponsoring my current husband on the question "list all people included in past undertakings you signed as a sponsor " do i have to still put my ex even if the sponsorship was canceled ? And whould that somehow affect my current application ?

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
4 years ago i have sponsored my then husband
and the he was not sponsored
You mean you submitted an application to sponsor your then husband and as it was under process, you guys split up and withdrew the spousal sponsorship application? That means that the application was not processed (fully) and your ex-husband never got his Permanent Residency in Canada? Then you got a divorce and married your current husband?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but if you answer my questions, it could help other members to answer your question.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! 4 years ago i have sponsored my then husband but because we split we informed cic and the he was not sponsored . Now i am sponsoring my current husband on the question "list all people included in past undertakings you signed as a sponsor " do i have to still put my ex even if the sponsorship was canceled ? And whould that somehow affect my current application ?
He didn't become a PR, so there was no undertaking.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
So on the question have you sponsored in the past or are you currently sponsoring any other members of your family in a different aplllication i should answer no? Its just not clear for me if i have to indicate any attempt for sponsorship or just the one that ended with permanent resident

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So on the question have you sponsored in the past or are you currently sponsoring any other members of your family in a different aplllication i should answer no? Its just not clear for me if i have to indicate any attempt for sponsorship or just the one that ended with permanent resident
Answer is no.