ThiagoSCF

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

CIC's website says that before I apply for a super visa, I need:
proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
- at least $100,000 emergency coverage
But the processing time in Brazil is currently 682 days! It's impossible to buy air tickets that far in the future so I don't have a date of entry. What should I do? How am I supposed to provide proof of payment for medical insurance in this case?

Any help is appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!

CIC's website says that before I apply for a super visa, I need:

But the processing time in Brazil is currently 682 days! It's impossible to buy air tickets that far in the future so I don't have a date of entry. What should I do? How am I supposed to provide proof of payment for medical insurance in this case?

Any help is appreciated
Posted processing times are often incorrect and are also usually an average so can be processed in a much shorter or longer time. You can purchase a year of supervisa insurance and then notify the insurance company when your parent books their flight to Canada to initiate the insurance coverage. If there are unused months you usually receive a partial refund.

hydrakanth

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
You can buy Super visa insurance from a Canadian company and indicate a start date which will be usually when you expect them to travel to Canada. Once you apply, you can change the start date with the insurance company until they are issued a Super Visa by the CIC. If for any reason they are not issued a Super Visa or if they decide to postpone their travel you can always get full refund minus processing fees depending on the insurance provider.