+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about imm 5406 - explaining why visa was rejected

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
my wife applied to a visitor visa before we were married (we wanted to be married here and i wrote her an invitation letter). the reasons they were rejected according to the visa officer (this was for a temporary visa) are along lines of they didnt believe shed return ...based on her financial status and some other reasons.

wondering if we need to mention these reasons in our spousal sponsorship application or the best way to explain that yes her visitor visa was rejected

also was wondering for im 0008 we have no dependents should we include this form with our application package and leave it blank? thank you

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
my wife applied to a visitor visa before we were married (we wanted to be married here and i wrote her an invitation letter). the reasons they were rejected according to the visa officer (this was for a temporary visa) are along lines of they didnt believe shed return ...based on her financial status and some other reasons.

wondering if we need to mention these reasons in our spousal sponsorship application or the best way to explain that yes her visitor visa was rejected

also was wondering for im 0008 we have no dependents should we include this form with our application package and leave it blank? thank you
Yes include this in your application. Answer all questions truthfully and mention proper reasons mentioned in her letter for refusal. Don’t hide it otherwise you will be in trouble. If you hide they will find anyways which will put your application in high risk.

Reactions: CanadianCitizen314