+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about family member in Canada for asylm

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
Hi

Do the family member must me a relative to the person calling for asylum?
i want to ask for asylum in Canada for me and my wife and my children and the family member is my wife's uncle , and i have evidence the he is her uncle. is it ok?

i appreciate any advice.

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
She can claim and the kids too ,, as for you if you can let her claim one week before you then you claim on her its 100 % guaranteed
Hi

i want to ask for asylum in Canada for me and my wife and my children and the family member is my wife's uncle , and i have evidence the he is her uncle. is it ok?

i appreciate any advice.

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Family member
The Safe Third Country Agreement recognizes a family member as the following:

• spouse
  • legal guardian
  • child
  • father or mother
  • sister or brother
  • grandfather or grandmother
  • grandchild
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • common-law partner
  • same-sex spouse
    Hi

i appreciate any advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just wanted to clarify that it is not 100% guaranteed refers to getting into Canada not getting asylum. You will still need to go through the asylum process after you arrive in Canada.

Reactions: Mohxzm

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Are you in the US? I may be wrong, but unless you are claiming exemption from the safe third country agreement, having family in Canada will have limited benefits. As mentioned, you will still need to go through the refugee process and present your justification for claiming asylum.

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
She can claim and the kids too ,, as for you if you can let her claim one week before you then you claim on her its 100 % guaranteed
thank you for your reply, if my wife claimed before me then my case will be rejected because and i dont have family member living in canada, also in the hearing stage i have the story with all evidences to what happened to me,,,,,,,,,,,
as i under stand from you the applicant must have family member, by the way her uncle dont mind to be our sponsor,

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
thank you,
Are you in the US? I may be wrong, but unless you are claiming exemption from the safe third country agreement, having family in Canada will have limited benefits. As mentioned, you will still need to go through the refugee process and present your justification for claiming asylum.
of course i will go through the process and provide my justification for claiming asylum, but my question in order to have an exemption to the safe third country agreement family member is my wife's uncle not mine,so iam still eligible to have and exception?

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
Family member
The Safe Third Country Agreement recognizes a family member as the following:

• spouse
  • legal guardian
  • child
  • father or mother
  • sister or brother
  • grandfather or grandmother
  • grandchild
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • common-law partner
  • same-sex spouse
thank you, spouse must be a family memeber?is it ok even if he is not my relative?

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
They can go together at the border. The officers will process her claim first and then the husband an kids will on the basis of her claim.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The family member exemption for refugees only applies if you are entering Canada from the United States. If you are not coming from the United States, having family in Canada will have no effect on your application.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
The family member exemption for refugees only applies if you are entering Canada from the United States. If you are not coming from the United States, having family in Canada will have no effect on your application.
The problem is most people who want asylum need a TRV to get to Canada. For some reason getting a US visitor visa is a lot easier than a Canadian one.

Reactions: Mohxzm

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
They can go together at the border. The officers will process her claim first and then the husband an kids will on the basis of her claim.
that what will happens ,,,we will move together and i will submit my application includes my wife and my children and the family Canadian member will be my wife's uncle....that will be ok?