+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about family member in Canada for asylm

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
The problem is most people who want asylum need a TRV to get to Canada. For some reason getting a US visitor visa is a lot easier than a Canadian one.
getting american visa is not difficult,,,then i will move from USA to Canadian border.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi

Do the family member must me a relative to the person calling for asylum?
i want to ask for asylum in Canada for me and my wife and my children and the family member is my wife's uncle , and i have evidence the he is her uncle. is it ok?

i appreciate any advice.
that what will happens ,,,we will move together and i will submit my application includes my wife and my children and the family Canadian member will be my wife's uncle....that will be ok?
Yes as long as it's a direct blood uncle and not some cousin who she calls uncle. Make sure you also have good evidence of that. If you don't satisfy the officer the first time, you will never be eligible to be referred to the refugee protection division again, if they are not satisfied.

A couple more questions. Have you applied for and received refugee protection anywhere else in the world?

Is this also your first time applying for refugee protection in Canada?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
that what will happens ,,,we will move together and i will submit my application includes my wife and my children and the family Canadian member will be my wife's uncle....that will be ok?
The uncle is your wife's family, not yours. So your wife needs to be the one to make the claim of exception to safe 3rd country agreement, not you.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
The uncle is your wife's family, not yours. So your wife needs to be the one to make the claim of exception to safe 3rd country agreement, not you.
His wife will make the claim first, then the officer will process the husband and kids, because the wife will be the safe 3rd exception for them.

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
His wife will make the claim first, then the officer will process the husband and kids, because the wife will be the safe 3rd exception for them.
does that means she needs separate application to filled?and she will have separate case ?in my application my wife and children already included ....in order to save time in borders i started to fill all required applications. and forums.

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
Yes as long as it's a direct blood uncle and not some cousin who she calls uncle. Make sure you also have good evidence of that. If you don't satisfy the officer the first time, you will never be eligible to be referred to the refugee protection division again, if they are not satisfied.

A couple more questions. Have you applied for and received refugee protection anywhere else in the world?

Is this also your first time applying for refugee protection in Canada?
what do you think best evidences need in this case?i already have all her uncle papers and i have my wife's father birth certificate in order to make clear the same father for both....

i have never applied in any place in the world...and this is the first time in Canada.,

one more thing iam wondering if you have any information about......my family name is difficult its Arabian and you know translating Arabian names to English is not that easy,,,,,my family name have two characters different that my children and wife....does this affect my case?

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
Please, I have a question: I am a Syrian citizen from Damascus. I live in Damascus with my husband and daughter, 17 years old.
My daughter, an engineer and her husband, an administrator, have taken refuge in Canada and are now in Toronto, looking for work.
I work in translation and writing, and a member of the Arab Writers Union. My husband is an administrative manager of a company in Damascus.
My question: Can my daughter reunite with me and my husband?
Sincerely
sorry iam not in a position o give advice related to immigration....you may contact will immigration consultant seeking advice.hope things will become better in our beloved Syria.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
what do you think best evidences need in this case?i already have all her uncle papers and i have my wife's father birth certificate in order to make clear the same father for both....

i have never applied in any place in the world...and this is the first time in Canada.,

one more thing iam wondering if you have any information about......my family name is difficult its Arabian and you know translating Arabian names to English is not that easy,,,,,my family name have two characters different that my children and wife....does this affect my case?
The border officer might have to separate them, but that could be done with both of you there. If you really want to save time, make sure you write down your past 10 years of jobs, addresses and your entire education history for each member of your family. Write down your travel history in how you got to Canada. Write up your family tree that clearly shows your wife's relation to her uncle. Also come first thing in the morning. If you come late in the evening, then it's hard to get a translator, or another immigration officer to review your case since staffing levels are lower at night, and you might be there longer than you would like.

Bring the documents you say you have, and make sure your uncle is available and in Canada so an officer can speak with him. I wouldn't worry about your last name being different from your wife and kids as long as you have something to show you guys are legally married, because your wife is your safe third exception. At any rate, expect an 8-12 hour day, so bring things to occupy your kids and some food.

Reactions: Mohxzm

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Please, I have a question: I am a Syrian citizen from Damascus. I live in Damascus with my husband and daughter, 17 years old.
My daughter, an engineer and her husband, an administrator, have taken refuge in Canada and are now in Toronto, looking for work.
I work in translation and writing, and a member of the Arab Writers Union. My husband is an administrative manager of a company in Damascus.
My question: Can my daughter reunite with me and my husband?
Sincerely
Unless they become a Canadian citizen first, travelling to Syria can cost them their protected status here. Even applying for a Syrian passport. If you guys want to reunite, then do it in a 3rd country like Turkey or Jordan.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
[
Thank you so much,,,,,that really helpful,,,,
regarding the required application needs to be filled,,,,,the only needed are the available in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/conref.asp right?
any other applicatin needed?
Those applications are for people making the claim outside Canada. The officer at the Border will fill the needed applications. If you get the information I told you get, the 10 year job/residence history and schooling, the application fills itself out. If you really want to be helpful, then fill out the Generic (IMM008) and the schedule A (IMM 5669) for each member of your family 18 years or over arriving with you and fill out the dependents part on the IMM008 for the younger ones. .

Mohxzm

Jul 10, 2017
Those applications are for people making the claim outside Canada. The officer at the Border will fill the needed applications. If you get the information I told you get, the 10 year job/residence history and schooling, the application fills itself out. If you really want to be helpful, then fill out the Generic (IMM008) and the schedule A (IMM 5669) for each member of your family 18 years or over arriving with you and fill out the dependents part on the IMM008 for the younger ones. .
No worries i will fill this two applications and took them with me.these are the only needed could be filled before i reach to borders?it will really helpful to fill as much as i can needed applications in order to save time as i have two little childrens with me...(5 & 6 years).

Thanks for advice notifying me as already started to fill the applications shared with you.

O