+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Citizenship

y3rbua26

Jun 1, 2018
Hello everybody I have a question about our citizenship we got an invitation to take oath at the end of July but didn’t get an invitation for exam. Does that mean we’re not taking the exam? Thanks for all the reply :)

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello everybody I have a question about our citizenship we got an invitation to take oath at the end of July but didn’t get an invitation for exam. Does that mean we’re not taking the exam? Thanks for all the reply :)
Are you older than 55?

y3rbua26

Jun 1, 2018
No I am 26.

And down here was the process :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 31, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

And some of the families/friends that did the same thing as we did said they said they got an invitation to take exam.

Reactions: ohhhhusa

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
No I am 26.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 31, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

And some of the families/friends that did the same thing as we did said they said they got an invitation to take exam.
interesting... this has to be a mistake. good news is july 30 is 2 months away so i'm sure they can schedule you for a test before that and still keep the same oath date. you have to call them though.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
No I am 26.

What location? Perhaps you'll be taking the test and oath same day?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
No I am 26.

According to the area you live in they do test and Oath in the same day give them a call.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
What is your location...and which is the nearest processing centre??

in some instances if you live far away from a processing centre IRCC is obliged to schedule test and oath on the same day...

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
No I am 26.

Hi there,

My husband and I got the same ECAS status. As you can see in my signature, our APP was IP since January 4, 2018 and what we are really expecting for the past 5 months is our test invite, but both of our ECAS shows oath taking in line 4 instead of the test. I thought there is a mistake, but its a good thing that someone has the same situation as ours. We are from Red Deer, lets just wait for the physical mail and see its contents.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi there,

My husband and I got the same ECAS status. As you can see in my signature, our APP was IP since January 4, 2018 and what we are really expecting for the past 5 months is our test invite, but both of our ECAS shows oath taking in line 4 instead of the test. I thought there is a mistake, but its a good thing that someone has the same situation as ours. We are from Red Deer, lets just wait for the physical mail and see its contents.
I would phone as you might not get a physical mail if you gave them an email address. Did you receive an email?

Reactions: SideshowLoki