+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about ceremony

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hello they recieved my application on october I passed my test 5 month ago I called cic , they said background check , my lawyer send letter to them why waiting that long they didn't even respond , my MP contact with them they said backgound check. They re nothing existing on my background check . Almost 14 month still waiting for ceremony ? Could you let me know what I should do please? Anything else I can do may helps? Really upset and tired for waiting
RN there is really nothing that you can do than wait. Citizenship is a waiting game. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Have faith and enjoy the beauty December has to offer. Next thing you know when you don't think about is you get your invite in your email.
Good luck man!

Reactions: Shervin_f_s

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Should i submit again as privacy act in atip? access to information act it was wrong i chose i submitted yesterday? ( find out delay +14 month waiting for my citizenship?)

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Should i submit again as privacy act in atip? access to information act it was wrong i chose i submitted yesterday? ( find out delay +14 month waiting for my citizenship?)
Dont panic only difference is you pay if u select access to information act. File you will receive is the same in both cases so hold on dont panic and do not resubmitt anythinh

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
contact your local MP's office they have staff to assist in finding status

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
I think you should send an email to your local processing office and explain in there your situation and ask what is holding your application for long. Also as someone just suggested contact your MP as well
Already my lawyer sent it to local office 2 month ago ,there is no respond! And already contact mp they said stuck on background check . What else i can do ? Already 6 month passed from my exam!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Already my lawyer sent it to local office 2 month ago ,there is no respond! And already contact mp they said stuck on background check . What else i can do ? Already 6 month passed from my exam!
Unfortunately nothing else can be done. Only option is to wait hopefully this january will bring good news for u