Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
I am in the same situation, how did you proceed with your application?
No Luck, I am thinking of re-applying with a letter stating the issue and everything and providing Landing Paper, Copy of PR and all that.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I am in the same situation, how did you proceed with your application?
Guys please please go through the citizenship guide online in detail BEFORE you apply to avoid wasting your time. A month before i needed to apply, i downloaded and completely read the guide end to end, including the type of application i could send. Since i had a minor child, and i didnt want separate timelines for my spouse which would lead to travel complications later, i choose to apply via paper - NOT because it was more convenient, NOT because I wanted to get my application processed faster and NOT because of advice in this forum, but only because i CANNOT apply online with a minor as per IRCC.

• Haha
Reactions: medwiz

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
For the minor application you have to apply under subsection 5(1) if you have already applied for yours. I applied in August '21 and I applied for my minor child under subsection 5(1) in December '21. My kid became Canadian citizen before me :) in June '22. They scheduled an interview before finalizing my kid's application, they asked why didn't we apply together, I told since I already applied I had to apply for my kid under subsection 5(1).

• Wow
Reactions: medwiz

medwiz

May 25, 2014
For the minor application you have to apply under subsection 5(1) if you have already applied for yours. I applied in August '21 and I applied for my minor child under subsection 5(1) in December '21. My kid became Canadian citizen before me :) in June '22. They scheduled an interview before finalizing my kid's application, they asked why didn't we apply together, I told since I already applied I had to apply for my kid under subsection 5(1).
That's interesting...ok so I guess it could be done then...

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Guys please please go through the citizenship guide online in detail BEFORE you apply to avoid wasting your time. A month before i needed to apply, i downloaded and completely read the guide end to end, including the type of application i could send. Since i had a minor child, and i didnt want separate timelines for my spouse which would lead to travel complications later, i choose to apply via paper - NOT because it was more convenient, NOT because I wanted to get my application processed faster and NOT because of advice in this forum, but only because i CANNOT apply online with a minor as per IRCC.
Go through the citizenship guide in detail?? What heresy is that!
I thought we could just wing it lool.

Kidding of course although I do wish we could settle this whole minor application question...ur right of course having separate timelines is not ideal ...

Sriram_Zoro

Nov 15, 2018
Thanks a ton for this information. looks like you applied few months later for your minor. Do you see any issue if I apply for 5(1) just a week later as applied for parents online already?

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks a ton for this information. looks like you applied few months later for your minor. Do you see any issue if I apply for 5(1) just a week later as applied for parents online already?
There should not be any issue with that, as my spouse also applied online two days before I sent paper application for my kid under 5(1)

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All

I am going to start citizen application. Is it worthful to file separate application for kids and separate for me and wife. The advantage is to get fast approval for kids and eventually get passport quickly. Whereas parents application get time for processing as we were outside Canada and need extra documentation. Although we all completed 3 years mandatory period for citizenship.

Need guidance. Regards

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All

I am going to start citizen application. Is it worthful to file separate application for kids and separate for me and wife. The advantage is to get fast approval for kids and eventually get passport quickly. Whereas parents application get time for processing as we were outside Canada and need extra documentation. Although we all completed 3 years mandatory period for citizenship.

Need guidance. Regards
It's difficult to predict anything with IRCC. You can do either way. Difficult to gauge speed of either way as people are getting citizenship within 3-4 months these days.

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks. So I can apply for kids separately. Should I apply paper application for kids? and mine thru online?

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Between minor 5(2) and minor 5(1) - Just a quick question!
In Minor 5(2) its mentioned has a canadian parent - which means parents born as a canadian or parents became a canadian citizen after coming to Canada ?
it's not clearly mentioned between the both, so want to check if you guys have any thoughts?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Between minor 5(2) and minor 5(1) - Just a quick question!
In Minor 5(2) its mentioned has a canadian parent - which means parents born as a canadian or parents became a canadian citizen after coming to Canada ?
it's not clearly mentioned between the both, so want to check if you guys have any thoughts?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/minors.html

It clearly states that -
Timing of the application for a minor: the application can be made simultaneously (concurrent) with one or both parents or after one or both parents have become a Canadian citizen (non-concurrent)

Reactions: candlelight