+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Applying for citizenship for my kids

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/minors.html

It clearly states that -
Timing of the application for a minor: the application can be made simultaneously (concurrent) with one or both parents or after one or both parents have become a Canadian citizen (non-concurrent)
So which means that, if I am a Canadian citizen ( got my citizenship after coming to canada) and my minor kids though they don't qualify for 1095 days ( physical presence), they can be applied for citizenship under section 5(2) as I am a canadian citizen. Is my understanding correct?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So which means that, if I am a Canadian citizen ( got my citizenship after coming to canada) and my minor kids though they don't qualify for 1095 days ( physical presence), they can be applied for citizenship under section 5(2) as I am a canadian citizen. Is my understanding correct?
Yes. Any reason why you didn't apply for the child when you applied for yourself??

Last edited:

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Yes. Any reason why you didn't apply for the child when you applied for yourself??
Kids are back in India, and we are here so got the citizenship. Now have to apply for them, that's the reason I asked coz they won't have the physical presence of 1095 to fulfill. when we apply in section 5(2), we don't have to fulfill the physical presence, looks like