Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I am applying for citizenship for my kids along with my own application. I applied online for myself and my wife, and for my kids I am applying paper based. I applied and sent all the documents with my application Under Subsection 5(2).
My kids application(paper based) was returned stating, that I did not attached my citizenship documents. Question is, what document should I use to proof my citizenship? I am on PR and have applied for my own citizenship online recently.

Any help please?

Thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi everyone,

I am applying for citizenship for my kids along with my own application. I applied online for myself and my wife, and for my kids I am applying paper based. I applied and sent all the documents with my application Under Subsection 5(2).
My kids application(paper based) was returned stating, that I did not attached my citizenship documents. Question is, what document should I use to proof my citizenship? I am on PR and have applied for my own citizenship online recently.

Any help please?

Thanks
Unless i am mistaken, IRCC expects your application to be sent along with your child's, since your child will be granted citizenship based upon the decision made on your application.

In other words, assuming that you're the parent tagged in your child's application, you need to send yours and your child's application together via paper. You cannot apply online.

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi Varun,

Thanks, I think we can apply separately for parents and kids, like for parent apply via online and for kids apply via paper. I am thinking of attached my Landing paper copy, PR cards copy wife, myself and kids and also attach Letter of Explanation to explain the situation further to visa officer. However, would like to know what experts have to say in this regard.

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Varun,

Thanks, I think we can apply separately for parents and kids, like for parent apply via online and for kids apply via paper. I am thinking of attached my Landing paper copy, PR cards copy wife, myself and kids and also attach Letter of Explanation to explain the situation further to visa officer. However, would like to know what experts have to say in this regard.

Thanks
Since you had applied for your children's application using subsection 5(2). and they returned (your kids applications) you can resubmit your kid's application by providing the documents below and using the same payment receipt..

You were required to provide the following as part of the kids application the following document...

• Photocopies of the minor’s biographical page of all valid and expired Passport(s)/Travel documents for the five (5) years immediately before the date of application, or since the minor became a permanent resident if that date is more recent than five (5) years.
    The biographical page means the page where it has the minor’s name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
    If the minor was included in the passport(s) of one of the parents, provide copies of that (these) passport(s).
    Provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).
  • Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
    Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
    Examples include:
    • permanent resident card (PR card)
      • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government
    • school record;
    • health insurance card;
    • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
    • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
    • Note: If there is information on both sides of the identification document, photocopy both sides.
and
  • Photocopy of birth certificate or adoption order
    The document must show:
    • the minor’s name;
    • date of birth;
    • place of birth;
    • the names of the parents or adoptive parents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

Submit the following documents with your application:

PR card for minors application should not be used unless stated above...
  1. Passport copies of the passport that were valid during the eligibility period
  2. You can use the passport copy(issued by home country) and Health card etc.. (2 x Proof of Identification)
  3. Birth Certificate

Last edited:

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi Varun,

Thanks

No...your kids will be granted citizenship because you are granted citizenship..if you are applying for them on paper alone then you need to prove you're a citizen already (which you are not)
Currently ppl in your situation have to apply together on a paper application...your PR cards are irrelevant to IRCC for the purposes of the children's application

You can waiti untill Ur application is done and u get citizenship first (via the online application in process) then apply for them on paper...but I believe u should withdraw Ur online application and apply together via paper

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Thanks for the reply. I think I better call Sydney visa office and consult with them. Does any one have phone number handy?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I think I better call Sydney visa office and consult with them. Does any one have phone number handy?
1-888-242-2100 prepare to wait and it will take multiple attempt speak with an agent.
Do not enter the UCI# when prompted too in the automated call
they operate between 8:00am - 4:00pm local time as per the province you are in.
Best time to call them(in my opinion) is 8:00am or 3:00 pm

Reactions: Muhammad Faisal

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
No...your kids will be granted citizenship because you are granted citizenship..if you are applying for them on paper alone then you need to prove you're a citizen already (which you are not)
Currently ppl in your situation have to apply together on a paper application...your PR cards are irrelevant to IRCC for the purposes of the children's application

You can waiti untill Ur application is done and u get citizenship first (via the online application in process) then apply for them on paper...but I believe u should withdraw Ur online application and apply together via paper
Hi Varun,

Thanks
@medwiz is correct. If you use the IRCC website, it does not allow you to submit an application online for the family. Rest is upto your interpretation.

Reactions: snoopyta

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
1-888-242-2100 prepare to wait and it will take multiple attempt speak with an agent.
Do not enter the UCI# when prompted too in the automated call
they operate between 8:00am - 4:00pm local time as per the province you are in.
Best time to call them(in my opinion) is 8:00am or 3:00 pm
Hi Abbas,

Thanks for the info. Do you have their email address as well?

Thanks

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
@medwiz is correct. If you use the IRCC website, it does not allow you to submit an application online for the family. Rest is upto your interpretation.
Thanks for the reply. Does it mean that I just don't need to apply for my kids as they will be granted citizenship with me?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Thanks for the reply. Does it mean that I just don't need to apply for my kids as they will be granted citizenship with me?
No - you will need to apply. Their applications will be tagged along with yours. Once you're granted citizenship status, their application also will be automatically granted citizenship status.

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Do I apply for them now like I am trying for paper based, or just wait till my application is done. Also, if it take 1 year for my application to be done and then I apply for my kids, will it also take one year more for my kids?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Do I apply for them now like I am trying for paper based, or just wait till my application is done. Also, if it take 1 year for my application to be done and then I apply for my kids, will it also take one year more for my kids?
You can apply together, and your kid's application will be processed along with yours.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks, but the thing is, that I have already applied for myself and my wife via Online.
If you are applying for your kids you need to look (and check if it applies to your case) at application form subsection 5(1) and not subsection 5(2)
I dont think it will work. because one parent has to be a Canadian citizen

Reactions: snoopyta