+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Application

kisidro

Dec 1, 2008
Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just had a quick question. CPC Mississauga recieved our package on Feb 26th of this year. Should we be recieving some sort of letter stating that they have recieved it?

Where can I go to check the status if there is a place?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
If the person you are sponsoring has ever been to Canada on a visitor, work or study permit, they will have an 8-digit client ID.

You could use this to see if they are processing yet.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

If they don't have any history with CIC, then you will have to wait til you receive the letter with a file number on it. If they received it at the end of Feb, you can expect a letter from them sometime in April (most likely).

If you really want/need to know if there's been any correspondence (probably not yet), you can call CIC at 1-800-242-2100.

M

med

you will get a letter of approval from them in three or four weeks time ,

Lia

Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welshiess said:
If you paid your fees on line, you can also use the number from the receipt (IM 5401 I think!)
You are right, Welshiess! We can check using the receipt number. I have been using it and that is how I found out our application was approved in Mississauga and already being processed in my home country, although I didn't get any letter from CIC yet.

welshiess

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
We got the letter about a week later which included the file number.

Just saw yesterday (19 days) later that the other part of the application is now in process. They actually started processing 14 days after the sponsor part was approved.

Lia

Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only today, March 17th, I got the letter from CIC with the Client ID. The approval was on March 4th, forwarded to my home country, and there they are working on it since March 10th, 6 days after the sponsor approval at CPC-M.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lia! Did it say "approved" when you checked your status online or it's just " DECISION MADE"? Can you clarify this? I just checked my status and it said :DECISION MADE".....i don't really know whether or not I am approved based on this.

Also, how long did it take for you to receive the letter?

Thanks so much,
NT

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
It never says "approved" when you check online. It only says "DECISION MADE". To find out if you've been approved, you'll have to wait for the letter. Or, if you're lucky and it goes on that fast, you'll see the status change for the permanent residency application.
My husband, who is in Vancouver, got his letter 6 days after Mississauga mailed it.

Lia

Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
Lia! Did it say "approved" when you checked your status online or it's just " DECISION MADE"? Can you clarify this? I just checked my status and it said :DECISION MADE".....i don't really know whether or not I am approved based on this.

Also, how long did it take for you to receive the letter?

Thanks so much,
NT
As the other ones responded, I saw "Decision Made" in March 5th (the decision has been made in March 4th), but I assumed it was the approval since we were so careful. A week and a half later it showed that my Permanent Residence Status was "In Process" since March 10th. I e-mailed the Consulate that is taking care of my case and they confirmed it was there already. Only on March 17th I received the letter, and as I thought since the beginning, it was the approval letter (otherwise, I don't believe they would forward it to the Visa Office hehe).

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the useful info Lia!

Please keep us posted on your case and share your experience with us.

Thanks,