+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 11 of citizenship application

efl09

Nov 15, 2020
Hello,
I fulfill all the requirements of citizenship but i have a confusion about the question 11 of the citizenship application.

After landing in Canada as a PR, I did not work for around 4-5 months straight and started school after that. During this 4-5 month time I did not look for jobs either as the first 1-1.5 months went for housing search and application for all the government documents and after that I had to prepare for school. Should I just put ‘unemployed’ for this whole period? Or should I provide some explanation too? Is there a way to submit an explanation letter?

I have the lease document, bank account details and hydro bill receipts along with some receipts of other shopping or government offices that I visited over this period. I was also wondering if there is any issue with an unemployment period of this length or does this raise the risk of getting an RQ. As a context, I did not travel outside canada for any lengthy period over this period and my application is fairly straightforward. Any suggestion would be really helpful. Thank you!