+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 11 - Canadian Citizenship Application (CIT0002E)

Abdulmobin

Dec 9, 2017
Hello guys,
I am applying for my Canadian Citizenship and came across a question where I have to write my where abouts since my eligibility period in regards to my education and employment inside and outside of Canada. I've already mentioned in Question # 10 about my addresses both in India and Canada (During my eligibility Period). However, in question # 11, its again asking for "Where were you physically located? Address (number and street name)". Does that mean by employment history and the address of the company? And also, should I mention my time in India again and check the "I was unemployed" box too? Or don't mention about India. Little confused :(

Thank you very much !

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
However, in question # 11, its again asking for "Where were you physically located? Address (number and street name)". Does that mean by employment history and the address of the company?
Yes. Q 10. was a list of your physical addresses during eligibility period. Q 11. is a list of places you have worked, attended school, or your home address when you were unemployed. Think of Q11 as your career map in the past 5 years. If you were employed, use your work address. If your company had 3 offices and you worked out of only one of those offices, use the address where you physically worked. The contact is ideally your HR contact. If you were unemployed for any period, you can give your home address and set contact as "Not Applicable"

And also, should I mention my time in India again and check the "I was unemployed" box too? Or don't mention about India. Little confused :(
Why won't you mention India again?
Rule 1 - state the truth.
Rule 2 - be consistent with answers throughout your application
IRCC is not trying to hire you for a job. It's okay to state your correct status even if it was unemployed. It's just information that goes to prove your residency.

Abdulmobin

Dec 9, 2017
Yes. Q 10. was a list of your physical addresses during eligibility period. Q 11. is a list of places you have worked, attended school, or your home address when you were unemployed. Think of Q11 as your career map in the past 5 years. If you were employed, use your work address. If your company had 3 offices and you worked out of only one of those offices, use the address where you physically worked. The contact is ideally your HR contact. If you were unemployed for any period, you can give your home address and set contact as "Not Applicable"

Why won't you mention India again?
Rule 1 - state the truth.
Rule 2 - be consistent with answers throughout your application
IRCC is not trying to hire you for a job. It's okay to state your correct status even if it was unemployed. It's just information that goes to prove your residency.

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for the reply. That information was surely helpful. I was just a little confused earlier. I will check off the "I was unemployed" for the duration of my time in India for Question # 11. Also, I have 2 more questions on # 13 and # 15 in the same form.
Question # 13, Country = India, Status = Citizen, Date obtained/Effective Date = ?? , If the status is valid indicate "Current" = Current. My question is "Date obtained" as in when I received my passport the first time?
Question # 15, I did receive my diploma here in Canada. Should I attach a copy of my diploma and/or transcripts?

Thank you very much !

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
What is the eligibility period ?
The date since you have landed in Canada to the citizenship application date ? Or last 5 year's before application date ?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
The date since you have landed in Canada to the citizenship application date ? Or last 5 year's before application date ?
The five years before you apply for citizenship.

See, for example, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/check-eligibility.asp or https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step1

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
I landed with my family on Nov 2014 and planing to submit my citizenship application around beginning of April 2018.

I had stayed more than 183 days in India during the last four year's before landing on Nov 2014. (i.e; Since April 2014 to April 2018). so i need to submit police clearance certificate, right ?
Is our eligibility date is from Nov 2014 (landed) to April 2018 (applying for citizenship) or is it 5 year's from April 2018 (Applying) ?
Kindly confirm ?
TIA.
Cheers.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I landed with my family on Nov 2014 and planing to submit my citizenship application around beginning of April 2018.

I had stayed more than 183 days in India during the last four year's before landing on Nov 2014. (i.e; Since April 2014 to April 2018). so i need to submit police clearance certificate, right ?
Is our eligibility date is from Nov 2014 (landed) to April 2018 (applying for citizenship) or is it 5 year's from April 2018 (Applying) ?
Kindly confirm ?
TIA.
Cheers.
Eligibility period is 5 years irrespective of when you landed. Yes, if you were outside Canada for 183 days or more (cumulative, need not be consecutive) in the 4 years immediately preceding the date you sign your application, then you need to provide a PCC.

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
Eligibility period is 5 years irrespective of when you landed. Yes, if you were outside Canada for 183 days or more (cumulative, need not be consecutive) in the 4 years immediately preceding the date you sign your application, then you need to provide a PCC.
Thanks !

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
Looking for some further clarification on this quesion. On the box it provides, it only goes down to the year/month format (ie YYYY-MM) I read on a different forum post that you have to be precise with your dates and not leave any unaccounted for time. Does anyone know if the days you commenced/left employment need to be recorded as well? I moved and had a few different jobs in my eligibility period so getting exact dates will be extremely difficult. If the year/month format is sufficient then I'm all good.

Thanks in advance

MitCad

Jun 21, 2018
Looking for some further clarification on this quesion. On the box it provides, it only goes down to the year/month format (ie YYYY-MM) I read on a different forum post that you have to be precise with your dates and not leave any unaccounted for time. Does anyone know if the days you commenced/left employment need to be recorded as well? I moved and had a few different jobs in my eligibility period so getting exact dates will be extremely difficult. If the year/month format is sufficient then I'm all good.

Thanks in advance
You don't need to enter exact dates.. Even if you enter exact dates, print-out only gives Year-Month.. So year-month would definitely suffice..

Reactions: MountainLife

2AG

Feb 22, 2016
Hi Guys,
I visited few places outside of Canada in my eligibility period (all these visits were short, kind of a month or shorter). Do i need to provide the physical address for those places in Q#10 (sometimes even I stayed in a hotel for few days)?

Thanks

harry7171

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront 19-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2016
Hi,

in question 10(a) where have you lived during your eligiblity period,

well i have been to 9 differnet countries in last 5 years, mostly for vacations , I have dont have address of places where I lived in italy 2 years ago, B&B accomadations, in my month long vacatons i have lived at many places different countries, what do I do with it ?

Also, in my eligibility period I needed to extend my work permit because my postgraude work permit expirered, should I enter valid dates on both, orignal workpermit and than bridge workpermit?

Thanks,

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@2AG and @harry7171 : You didn't "live" in the other country during your holidays or short trips, you don't need to list that in Q10. You only list those in the presence calculator.

And @harry7171, regarding your second question : you had the same status under both work permit, no need to list both. Give the date you got your first work status until the day you became a PR (or the previous day...)

Reactions: 2AG