+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query regarding travel to Canada - Canadian PR holder/Indian passport holder

pete007

Nov 25, 2007
Hi,

I am a permanent resident of Canada,(holding PR card /Indian Passport ) and I am presently in India. I would be traveling to Canada somewhere around 1st week of Dec,2007

My Indian passport will expire in Jan 2008 and I would prefer to get my passport renewed once I am in Canada. Reasons being

Want to unnecessary avoid Passport renewal delays in India and red tapeism etc.

I need to be in Canada urgently and hence would like to hear from you regarding the same.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pete007 said:
Hi,

I am a permanent resident of Canada,(holding PR card /Indian Passport ) and I am presently in India. I would be traveling to Canada somewhere around 1st week of Dec,2007

My Indian passport will expire in Jan 2008 and I would prefer to get my passport renewed once I am in Canada. Reasons being

Want to unnecessary avoid Passport renewal delays in India and red tapeism etc.

I need to be in Canada urgently and hence would like to hear from you regarding the same.

Thanks
Whats the question? As your passport is valid, you can travel to Canada. According to the Indian consulate site, it takes 7 days to renew a passport.

PMM

pete007

Nov 25, 2007
i had read somewhere that u should have a valid passport for the next 6 month,but that was for visa stamping.

In a nut shell what i want to ask is if i have a valid passport (expires in Jan 2008) and have a valid PR card i should be able to travel to canada without any issues in Dec 2007,right? Just checking.

fyi,
i am currently in India and I need to travel by next weekend so i would prefer to renew my indian passport in canada, which should be much faster than renewing it from India.

Please confirm.

thanks.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You shouldn't have any problems with Canada. But if you're stopping along the way, be sure to check the passport/visa rules of the countries you're passing through to make sure you don't run into problems.

rojibobby

Apr 30, 2010
Hi pete007,
I too have the same problem with my Passport Expiry. It is short of 6 months while I start my journey for Canada. (I have just got Canada PR Visa)
Could you reach safely to Canada without re-newl of your Passports at India ?
Please guide !!!