+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding PCC India

SahiSh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
even that rejection scared me ....as I have also submitted the PCC from punjab's district SSP office ( as per cic guidelines )
But from last 6 years I am working here in Delhi-NCR.

I have already my application, so what should I do in this case.

Should I get new pcc frm PSK and submit that via CSE or any other advice. Please help guys

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Disagree.

Enough members have confirmed that PCC issued by Indian passport authorities is valid.
Update : http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
there does seem to have a PCC thing at regional passport office.
and if they have constituted it now then CIC will accept the PCC issued by a national level government organization which in effect is equivalent to getting a PCC from a conuslate outside India.
-----------------------
@Rollingpunjab
IF CIC mentions it otherwise, then follow what they say. getting PCC from Chandigarh is easy as the police system is pretty decent there. On my last visit to India I wanted to see punjab and was surprised when I requested a police officer for help with directions and he actually was very polite and nice instead of what I experienced in Delhi.

---------------------
Asivad "enough members", really?
you know the facts better than anybody else, you have devoted more time than anybody else to helping people, when you say something like that it makes me pause.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SahiSh said:
even that rejection scared me ....as I have also submitted the PCC from punjab's district SSP office ( as per cic guidelines )
But from last 6 years I am working here in Delhi-NCR.

I have already my application, so what should I do in this case.

Should I get new pcc frm PSK and submit that via CSE or any other advice. Please help guys
Does the Punjab PCC say anything about the duration of your stay and does it mention in the PCC that it is valid only within some fixed duration? You need to be concerned only if there are dates mentioned in it. In which case, it has to cover ideally 10 years.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifeedly said:
Asivad "enough members", really?
you know the facts better than anybody else, you have devoted more time than anybody else to helping people, when you say something like that it makes me pause.
That is true. I do get a lot of PMs as well in addition to the messages on the forum. And I can confirm that I've heard from 5+ members that they've received their PR after submitting PCC from Indian passport authorities across multiple Indian cities. And so far there has been exactly 1 reported rejection because of the time bound nature of the PCC supplied by another member. None of the PCCs issued by Indian passport authorities had the time clause.

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what is causing all the questions:
--------------------------------------------
If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.
------------------------------------------------
The reason this is causing problems is because Indian police in one state does not correspond with other states. PCC historically has always been Issued by individual states but because the consulates at Canada, US and Europe were flooded with PCC request they installed new system. CIC is aware that the nature of PCC issued by passport office is very limited and mostly is dependent on Delhi Police database and some national database that only deals with major crimes, thats why they have different directions for different states.

Resident means living there. when CIC separates PCC issue according to different states then we should actually look at it more closely.
the person who asked question has not only submitted passport office PCC but also punjab PCC so that should be ok as weighing this issue from any angle he is safe.
lack of a national database as in Canada makes PCC applicants situation in India a bit more complicated.
where was the person resident during that timeframe? is a key question.
do you wish to play or do you wish to make sure victory is yours is the question people who win usually ask. getting PCC from multiple jurisdictions or not getting them is something that needs to be weighed on the need and desire to succeed by leaving no stone unturned.

Asivad is a very senior member and I also respect him for his work and dedication. However when people report things or crowd decision is involved then there definitely is a need for more caution.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is certainly prudent to play safe especially where CIC is concerned. The point here is that police authorities in Indian provinces appear to be issuing 'restricted' PCCs which are relevant for the duration of the applicant's residency in that province alone while PCC issued by passport authorities apparently cut across provincial police jurisdictions and provide a generic 'all clear' for the entire country and aren't time-bound so they are relevant from the time the applicant turned 18 till the date the PCC is issued.

With the above background, I strongly recommend utilizing PCC services provided by Indian passport authorities. This is further supported by the (limited) evidence that there hasn't been a single reported rejection because of a PCC issued by passport authorities. As always, this is an anonymous online forum so one should consider all aspects before deciding on a course of action but I'm sticking my neck out in complete favor of PCCs issued by Indian passport authorities.

All the best!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
What I understand is Every city does not have a passport office and thus they have said you can get a PCC from local police station. this is an additional facility. This does not mean PSK PCC is not valid. All those who stay in a smaller city which does not have a passport office dont have to travel to get a PCC from PSK.

I suggest all those who stay in city where there is PSK office should go for PCC from PSK. Also if you have stayed in different cities and local police is not able to verify your previous stay , you must go to main City and get a PSK PCC.

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
bestofluck said:
What I understand is Every city does not have a passport office and thus they have said you can get a PCC from local police station. this is an additional facility. This does not mean PSK PCC is not valid. All those who stay in a smaller city which does not have a passport office dont have to travel to get a PCC from PSK.

I suggest all those who stay in city where there is PSK office should go for PCC from PSK. Also if you have stayed in different cities and local police is not able to verify your previous stay , you must go to main City and get a PSK PCC.
+1 You are right.

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Asivad Anac said:
It is certainly prudent to play safe especially where CIC is concerned. The point here is that police authorities in Indian provinces appear to be issuing 'restricted' PCCs which are relevant for the duration of the applicant's residency in that province alone while PCC issued by passport authorities apparently cut across provincial police jurisdictions and provide a generic 'all clear' for the entire country and aren't time-bound so they are relevant from the time the applicant turned 18 till the date the PCC is issued.

With the above background, I strongly recommend utilizing PCC services provided by Indian passport authorities. This is further supported by the (limited) evidence that there hasn't been a single reported rejection because of a PCC issued by passport authorities. As always, this is an anonymous online forum so one should consider all aspects before deciding on a course of action but I'm sticking my neck out in complete favor of PCCs issued by Indian passport authorities.

All the best!
Hi Asivad,

Do you suggest to include an LOE for submitting PSK PCC while the address history has addresses of multiple Indian provinces saying Local Police Authorities of each state do not provide a comprehensive PCC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadbangalore said:
Hi Asivad,

Do you suggest to include an LOE for submitting PSK PCC while the address history has addresses of multiple Indian provinces saying Local Police Authorities of each state do not provide a comprehensive PCC?
Not at all required. Just submit the PCC as such.

dipindhingra

Jun 17, 2016
Asivad - I am from Chandigarh and my wife is from Kazakhstan. We both stay in Chandigarh. So, for me I can get PCC from Chandigarh police station or as suggested by you , Passport office. But my wife is a foreigner, so she can only get from police station. right? cannot get from passport office as its only for Indian nationals..?

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
dipindhingra said:
Asivad - I am from Chandigarh and my wife is from Kazakhstan. We both stay in Chandigarh. So, for me I can get PCC from Chandigarh police station or as suggested by you , Passport office. But my wife is a foreigner, so she can only get from police station. right? cannot get from passport office as its only for Indian nationals..?
PCC is needed from wherever u have stayed more than 6 months, even if ur non-citizen of that country. So in ur case if ur wife has stayed more than 6 month in India then she has to get PCC from India as well and she can get even if she not citizen of India.

PCC doesn't have any relationship with ur citizenship

i hope that helps

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DreamCanada16 said:
PCC is needed from wherever u have stayed more than 6 months, even if ur non-citizen of that country. So in ur case if ur wife has stayed more than 6 month in India then she has to get PCC from India as well and she can get even if she not citizen of India.

PCC doesn't have any relationship with ur citizenship

i hope that helps
He knows a PCC is needed for his wife. The question was whether a PCC from police station will be enough as he believes PSK issues PCC only for Indian nationals.