+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding PCC India

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

I have already sent my eAPR on 25th Nov. So far only my medicals have been updated as passed and that is it. However, my query is related to my PCC. After attaining the age of 18 yrs I spent 6 yrs in India at Chandigarh. Then next 3 yrs in Australia at Melbourne and after that till date I ve been living in India at delhi NCR (4 yrs in Delhi and last one yr in gurgaon). I have provided PCC from PSK gurgaon along with Australian PCC and Australian driving licence history.

My question is for the first 6 yrs after attaining the age Of 18 yrs when I lived in chandigarh, do I need to provide another PCC from chandigarh police as well. Do we need to get PCC for all the addresses wherein we resided within India or just one PCC from PSK of ur current city would do?

Please guide

Regards

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Please check the following thread and advise as something different happened with applicant that worries me a bit.

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-application-rejected-as-incomplete-pcc-for-partial-duration-t389031.15.html

canadasunil

Mar 31, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with appl.
File Transfer...
17-07-2015
Med's Request
Submitted with appl.
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
Apply PCC from PSK as they dont mention the dates in the clearance certificates.

The content of Indian PCC issued at PSK is something like given below.

It is certified that there is no adverse information against YOUR NAME S/o FATHER NAME, holder of Indian passport No PPT #, issued at PLACE, on DATE which would render him or her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rollingpunjab, in my opinion, you need a certificate for your stay in Chandigarh. It would be great if your PCC mentions your consolidated stay in Chandigarh, if you have stayed at different places during your tenure. Eg - XXXX with passport number XXXXX has been a resident of Chandigarh from XXX to XXX, without mentioning your specific address details.

This is what CIC website explicitly says

You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.. I assume territory as a state, region, town or a city.

This is my opinion. Feedback are generously welcome.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Rollingpunjab, in my opinion, you need a certificate for your stay in Chandigarh. It would be great if your PCC mentions your consolidated stay in Chandigarh, if you have stayed at different places during your tenure. Eg - XXXX with passport number XXXXX has been a resident of Chandigarh from XXX to XXX, without mentioning your specific address details.

This is what CIC website explicitly says

You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.. I assume territory as a state, region, town or a city.

This is my opinion. Feedback are generously welcome.
Actually, territory in this context does not mean a sub-unit of a country. It means a distinct geographical piece of land which might not be recognized by everyone in the international community as an independent nation state but is recognized by a few countries.

As for Indian PCC, get it from the federal passport authorities instead of local police authorities. The passport authorities would issue a PCC clearance based on criminal history and record across the country for your entire duration of stay in India since turning 18 regardless of the province(s) you've lived in during that time.

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For India, get it from each city as there is no nationwide PCC.
Indian PCC says that it was issued at this office and confirms that applicant residing at this address has no history in police system for this state.

This advice is probably not what you were hoping for but you are going to need to go this route to avoid frustration.

Passport offices in your country do not provide this service as they also ask for PCC for issue of passport.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifeedly said:
For India, get it from each city as there is no nationwide PCC.
Indian PCC says that it was issued at this office and confirms that applicant residing at this address has no history in police system for this state.

This advice is probably not what you were hoping for but you are going to need to go this route to avoid frustration.

Passport offices in your country do not provide this service as they also ask for PCC for issue of passport.
Disagree.

Enough members have confirmed that PCC issued by Indian passport authorities is valid.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Thank you friends for your valuable inputs...Well I have already submitted PCC obtained from Regional passport office New Delhi. It does not mention any date of stay at a particular address. It doesn't even mention my address.

However, Any applicant who used PCC obtained from any Indian PSK and whose application went through without any trouble, please provide your feed back on this.

Regards

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
rollingpunjab said:
Thank you friends for your valuable inputs...Well I have already submitted PCC obtained from Regional passport office New Delhi. It does not mention any date of stay at a particular address. It doesn't even mention my address.

However, Any applicant who used PCC obtained from any Indian PSK and whose application went through without any trouble, please provide your feed back on this.

Regards
you will be fine I know quite a few people who have don pcc through psk and it has gone fine 1 has already got the PR....

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac

In that case, one forum member's application got rejected due to non submission of PCC from a previous period stay. The forum member submitted PCC for his current stay.

So if someone facing a similar situation, will it be valid for him to submit

- A PCC from PSK for all his previous stay in a country
- A PCC from Police Stn for his current stay.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Asivad Anac

In that case, one forum member's application got rejected due to non submission of PCC from a previous period stay. The forum member submitted PCC for his current stay.

So if someone facing a similar situation, will it be valid for him to submit

- A PCC from PSK for all his previous stay in a country
- A PCC from Police Stn for his current stay.
I imagine that submitting 2 distinct PCCs is an overkill and probably erroneous as well. The best thing to do would be to get just 1 PCC from passport authorities.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Resposting in this thread

Dear All,

I find myself in similar situation, As for my wife's PCC, its mentioned that she stayed at current address from 14/12/2013 (our marriage date) to till date and nothing adverse against.............."

What should I do ? Another PCC from her native covering the time period from her 18th Birthday to our Marriage date?

Its mentioned on CIC website "People living in punjab, get PCC from SSP office", so not sure if PSK is an option for me..

Kindly advise.
Manpreet Singh

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manpreetdhindsa15 said:
Resposting in this thread

Dear All,

I find myself in similar situation, As for my wife's PCC, its mentioned that she stayed at current address from 14/12/2013 (our marriage date) to till date and nothing adverse against.............."

What should I do ? Another PCC from her native covering the time period from her 18th Birthday to our Marriage date?

Its mentioned on CIC website "People living in punjab, get PCC from SSP office", so not sure if PSK is an option for me..

Kindly advise.
Manpreet Singh
CIC doesn't state anywhere that PCC issued by Indian passport authorities isn't acceptable. Recommend that you apply for PCC to the passport authorities - that document has been confirmed to be not bound by geography or time.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends

I have already sent my eAPR on 25th Nov. So far only my medicals have been updated as passed and that is it. However, my query is related to my PCC. After attaining the age of 18 yrs I spent 6 yrs in India at Chandigarh. Then next 3 yrs in Australia at Melbourne and after that till date I ve been living in India at delhi NCR (4 yrs in Delhi and last one yr in gurgaon). I have provided PCC from PSK gurgaon along with Australian PCC and Australian driving licence history.

My question is for the first 6 yrs after attaining the age Of 18 yrs when I lived in chandigarh, do I need to provide another PCC from chandigarh police as well. Do we need to get PCC for all the addresses wherein we resided within India or just one PCC from PSK of ur current city would do?

Please guide

Regards
For your case, is there any duration mentioned in Gurgaon PCC? Can you please post the text of the PCC here?

Asivad Anac said:
CIC doesn't state anywhere that PCC issued by Indian passport authorities isn't acceptable. Recommend that you apply for PCC to the passport authorities - that document has been confirmed to be not bound by geography or time.
I agree with Asivad . PCC issued by Passport officials seems to be okay since it is applicable for the whole time of residence in India.