+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Ontario Residency for OSAP

atif_r0x

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hey!

I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident, Only lived in Saskatchewan for 3 months and then moved to Pakistan and never stayed in Ontario and submitted tax returns for 2019 as well. I have applied and been accepted to one year Masters in Computer Networks at Ryerson University for this Fall 2020 and am in the process of applying for OSAP.

They asked for residency documents, since I am living outside Canada and never lived in Ontario, what can I do? Is there a chance to still get the loan? If not now, can I apply after I start my masters in September for the second and third semester?

Also, Fall session (Sept-Dec) classes would be online If I pay first semester fees from my savings and attend classes by staying in Pakistan as it would be online classes and then I will land in Ontario in December before start of second semester, can I apply for OSAP right after landing in Ontario? If my OSAP will approve in this condition I will get funding for second and third semester only or I will get funding for the first semester as well.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.