+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding move to Canada

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everyone,

My PR is valid till Feb 2022 and for some reason in past I could not make it to Canada,. I had plans to move in Jan 2020 but then this Pandemic happened I could not.. Does anyone have any information if we may get some extra time from CIC to make it for our mandatory study of 2 years in Canada to maintain our PR ? if now what are the options further? any info or guidance will be very helpful.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello to everyone,

My PR is valid till Feb 2022 and for some reason in past I could not make it to Canada,. I had plans to move in Jan 2020 but then this Pandemic happened I could not.. Does anyone have any information if we may get some extra time from CIC to make it for our mandatory study of 2 years in Canada to maintain our PR ? if now what are the options further? any info or guidance will be very helpful.

Thank you
No extra time announced. The RO is already very lenient at 2 out of 5 years. When you leave moving to the last minute you are taking a risk and can run into problems. We see this all the time on the forum. People leave moving to the last minute and something happens like a family emergency and they can’t move. You should try moving as soon as possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like you live in the US. There have been many who have moved and you can move today if you wanted. You could have easily moved in January 2020 unless you lived in certain areas of China.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I genuinely had planned to move in Feb this year even went to see places and accomodations etc but then covid happened and I plan to go by road passing through various places and states with covid so many risks involved. Right now I have planned for September , hope it all goes well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I genuinely had planned to move in Feb this year even went to see places and accomodations etc but then covid happened and I plan to go by road passing through various places and states with covid so many risks involved. Right now I have planned for September , hope it all goes well
Many people have travelled through many states even this week. There was no known covid in February in the US if I remember correctly. You are moving in a much higher covid time than January/feb. If you don't get reported you now have to remain in Canada for 2 years to meet your RO or you risk beinf reported.