+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding first name/last name in WES ECS report

yopifaklo

Dec 5, 2018
My surname was written as my first name in WES. When I communicate with WES customer service, they can't update the name after evaluation. Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla Is there any way to correct name ECA or Can I use this report for PR processing.
you can also upload an affidavit which mentions all variants of your names across multiple documents and asserts that all those are variants of the name of the same individual.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
For information of all here facing this naming convention problem: My case was also like most Indian passport holders . Passport only has Given name ( Am Singh ) and no surname . Did a mistake while creating WES profile and mentioned "Am" as first name and "Singh" as last name. Report also generated accordingly , i.e. Name on report Header was : "SINGH, Am". Raised a request with WES , attached my passport and explained the scenario to them. Within 20 days they issued a new report with new date but same education equivalency with correct naming convention which is " ., Am Singh". Report also mentions this is a revised report and original report was issued on " so and so date"
Hope this clarifies
You can follow the process if you wish

Reactions: SathyaPriyatharsini

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
For information of all here facing this naming convention problem: My case was also like most Indian passport holders . Passport only has Given name ( Am Singh ) and no surname . Did a mistake while creating WES profile and mentioned "Am" as first name and "Singh" as last name. Report also generated accordingly , i.e. Name on report Header was : "SINGH, Am". Raised a request with WES , attached my passport and explained the scenario to them. Within 20 days they issued a new report with new date but same education equivalency with correct naming convention which is " ., Am Singh". Report also mentions this is a revised report and original report was issued on " so and so date"
Hope this clarifies
You can follow the process if you wish
Hi, in my case, there is only a letter which is misspelled. That too, my mother's name. Can you tell me if the revised report has a different ECA no and evaluation date ? Because I have asked WES to make changes but I have already got my ITA. Now these changes will happen after ITA but before e-APR.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi, in my case, there is only a letter which is misspelled. That too, my mother's name. Can you tell me if the revised report has a different ECA no and evaluation date ? Because I have asked WES to make changes but I have already got my ITA. Now these changes will happen after ITA but before e-APR.
ECA number is same but date is different. you can upload both reports in your EE application

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Hi Sir,

I had a similar query.
On my passport , My name is Juno Mishel, and the surname field is blank. Actually Mishel is my middle name
Whereas on my marksheets and educational documents, My name is given as Juno Mishel Sebastian(Its not divided into first,last or middle name.. There is just a name field and besides that its mentioned).

Sebastian is my fathers name.

So my query is, that should i mention Juno Mishel, or Juno Mishel Sebastian in my WES/Entry profile.
Please could you tell me what i should mention in the first, middle and last name, considering that i do not have a surname?

Please could you reply me at earliest, since i needed to create WES profile, and proceed on it at earliest.
Thanks in Advance for your help, and really appreciate it! :)

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Sir,

I had a similar query.
On my passport , My name is Juno Mishel, and the surname field is blank. Actually Mishel is my middle name
Whereas on my marksheets and educational documents, My name is given as Juno Mishel Sebastian(Its not divided into first,last or middle name.. There is just a name field and besides that its mentioned).

Sebastian is my fathers name.

So my query is, that should i mention Juno Mishel, or Juno Mishel Sebastian in my WES/Entry profile.
Please could you tell me what i should mention in the first, middle and last name, considering that i do not have a surname?

Please could you reply me at earliest, since i needed to create WES profile, and proceed on it at earliest.
Thanks in Advance for your help, and really appreciate it! :)
Hi,
In WES profile you should " Juno Mishel" as first name and " ." as last name, while in name on credentials you should mention exact name as mentioned on your marksheets

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
Hi,
In WES profile you should " Juno Mishel" as first name and " ." as last name, while in name on credentials you should mention exact name as mentioned on your marksheets
@kami18:
Thank you so mucg for your prompt reply :)
However, i am not clear on what you mentioned regarding "while in name on credentials you should mention exact name as mentioned on your marksheets"

What you meant by name on credentials?

Ps: Just wanted to mention though that SEBASTIAN is my fathers name,so still do i need to mention that?

Sorry but i am just a newbie to all this,so asking many questions. really appreciate your help so far :) :)

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
@kami18:
Thank you so mucg for your prompt reply :)
However, i am not clear on what you mentioned regarding "while in name on credentials you should mention exact name as mentioned on your marksheets"

What you meant by name on credentials?

Ps: Just wanted to mention though that SEBASTIAN is my fathers name,so still do i need to mention that?

Sorry but i am just a newbie to all this,so asking many questions. really appreciate your help so far :) :)
In WES profile , you will get a column to mention name on degree , this will be asked for all the docs you will sent for evaluation. so at that space you should exactly write what is on your degree certificates

Juno Mishel Sebastian

Feb 13, 2019
In WES profile , you will get a column to mention name on degree , this will be asked for all the docs you will sent for evaluation. so at that space you should exactly write what is on your degree certificates
Thank you so much @kami18.. really appreciate all the help you do for people like us:) god bless! :)

Reactions: kamy18

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance
Did this create any issue?I have a similar issue with Kaur, Jaspreet on my ECA while passport having Jaspreet Kaur as first name.
Can we proceed with this?

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Did this create any issue?I have a similar issue with Kaur, Jaspreet on my ECA while passport having Jaspreet Kaur as first name.
Hi @PreetKaur1
I have replied this query earlier , you can refer previous posts of this thread
Posting same again below for your ready ref

"For information of all here facing this naming convention problem: My case was also like many other Indian passport holders . Passport only has Given name ( Am Singh ) and no surname . Did a mistake while creating WES profile and mentioned "Am" as first name and "Singh" as last name. Report also generated accordingly , i.e. Name on report Header was : "SINGH, Am". Raised a request with WES , attached my passport and explained the scenario to them. Within 20 days they issued a new report with new date but same education equivalency with correct naming convention which is " ., Am Singh". Report also mentions this is a revised report and original report was issued on " so and so date"
Hope this clarifies
You can follow the process if you wish"

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey guys! I have a query regarding the sequence of my full name on my education qualifications? On one certificate, it is written in the order of surname - given name and on the other one, it is written in the order of givenname - surname. Will this create an issue while filling my online application post invitation?

In my passport, there is no specific order and both, surname and given name are mentioned in two separate fields.

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
As @kamy18 mentioned, you can get the report updated.

Remember, there will be no problem with the name format as specified in the passport but in Canada, last name is very commonly used. In COPR, the name will be exactly same as mentioned on your passport and same will go in your PR Card.

I would suggest to have this name updated on PR card before getting citizenship, it would be worth it.

parim6

Sep 9, 2018
In CES

It is asking for Last / surname
& First/given name.

I have only first/given name (parminder singh) in passport.

What should I fill in last name/surname in CES application ?

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
In CES

It is asking for Last / surname
& First/given name.

I have only first/given name (parminder singh) in passport.

What should I fill in last name/surname in CES application ?
Just put "-" in surname field. As we do in IELTS registration.