+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding first name/last name in WES ECS report

neptune09

Jan 4, 2018
India
Sailing in the same boat, I don't have a surname but specified it while filling out the form on WES. Should I contact them to correct this?
Senior members, please advise.

Thanks

ajk1234

Mar 5, 2018
Hi All,

I am planning to get WES evaluation.

My first name in Education evaluation report is Ankit. Also I have my fathers name mothers name and surname in marksheets.
Few marksheets have my name as Ankit followed by Father name and surname (No mother name)
In my diploma marksheet my name is Ankitkumar
My passport my given name is ANKITKUMAR

Will this cause any issue during WES and after ITA and what are the recommendations ?

Regards
Ankit

Shaina12

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

I don't my last name on my passport. Can anybody assist me on what should I write in Last name column of ECA profile?

Nov 9, 2017
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?
How did it go?

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
W
Hi

I have the same issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Prabhdeep Singh. There is no surname on my passport.

When I applied for ECA on WES website I put:

Last name - Singh
First name- Prabhdeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: SINGH, Prabhdeep

may I know whether you managed to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

would like to get the viewpoint of other experts also.

thanks.
Did it become issue during AOR and file processing
Please share ur experience

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi

I would like to have a suggestion on one of my issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Mandeep kaur. There is no surname on my passport.

Last name - Kaur
First name- Mandeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: KAUR, Mandeep

I want to clarify whether I have to to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

Thanks.
My case is also similar

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi

I have the same issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Prabhdeep Singh. There is no surname on my passport.

Last name - Singh
First name- Prabhdeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: SINGH, Prabhdeep

may I know whether you managed to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

would like to get the viewpoint of other experts also.

thanks.
Plz suggest solution to this problem

ponnarasu

Apr 18, 2017
My surname was written as my first name in WES. When I communicate with WES customer service, they can't update the name after evaluation. Is there any way to correct name ECA or Can I use this report for PR processing.

yopifaklo

Dec 5, 2018
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance
the same name as on the educational credentials. If they differ from your passport (surprisingly more common than you would imagine) use an LOE (Letter of Explanation) post ITA to clarify the discrepancy to the officer. If you're very worried, you can also upload an affidavit which mentions all variants of your names across multiple documents and asserts that all those are variants of the name of the same individual.