Query Regarding Child born to Canadian PR Parents outside Canada

MianNoman

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife both are Canadian permanent residents currently living in London, UK. We have been granted PR last Year July and we made our landing in August 2014. We live their for 3 months, received our PR cards and came back to UK and still living here. Our child is recently born in London, UK and after some time we would like to travel back to Canada permanently with our newly born child.

I did some research regarding by child visa and found different information. Some of them saying you need to apply for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) and travel on it and once we enter into Canada we can make sponsorship application for our child from inside Canada.

some others saying one of from parent needs to return Canada and make sponsorship child application from there.

Any one experiencing/ experienced the same situation, plz give me suggestion.

Me and my wife, we both are Pakistani citizen NOT from visa exempt country.

Regards,
Mian Noman Tariq

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You need to apply for a TRV for the child. It may be refused. If it is refused, then one of you will need to go to Canada to sponsor the child, while the other parent will remain with the child.

What passport does the child have?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the child is a citizen of the UK, he or she can travel to Canada without a visa. However, if the child is not visa-exempt, people suggest a TRP because obviously the baby is not going to Canada as a tourist, and has no intent to return to the country of citizenship (and so is not eligible for a TRV).
To sponsor the child, one of the parents at least must be in Canada to do so. Both of you could go back to Canada with the child and sponsor from there, of course.