+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Submitting Passports (after PPR)

Nov 11, 2018
Hey I recently received the PPR email. I am a resident of India and I know that i need to submit my passport as well as my spouse. My Kid is US citizen and do i need to submit her passport as well or do i need to submit the photocopy? Because the email says:

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

The above statement satisfying for my kid and I am in confusion where I need to send her passport or not.
US residents who get the PPR, please suggest.

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019
Hi

I submitted my application for me ( residing in Canada) and my husband who is in India. We received ITA under CEC class and also received Biometrics for my husband. He submitted his document through VFS and Today I received an email from CPCV_extcom@cic.gc.ca to submit my passport or photocopies of me and family members who will be accompanying me to the address

" If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to
a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
"

Is this LEGIT address because the PDF email format is completely weird from the Previous ones? I received the email directly in email not in my Online account. There is no information regarding my husband's documents as where he should submit his passport or what he should do. I am really confused and concerned about the email. What should we do if we receive these requests ?

I called CIC call centre but they replied that there is no update in my file regarding the passport request. The address which they gave in the email (stated above) is not even Valid. Is this a SCAM ?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi

I submitted my application for me ( residing in Canada) and my husband who is in India. We received ITA under CEC class and also received Biometrics for my husband. He submitted his document through VFS and Today I received an email from CPCV_extcom@cic.gc.ca to submit my passport or photocopies of me and family members who will be accompanying me to the address

" If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to
a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 8781
Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
"

Is this LEGIT address because the PDF email format is completely weird from the Previous ones? I received the email directly in email not in my Online account. There is no information regarding my husband's documents as where he should submit his passport or what he should do. I am really confused and concerned about the email. What should we do if we receive these requests ?

I called CIC call centre but they replied that there is no update in my file regarding the passport request. The address which they gave in the email (stated above) is not even Valid. Is this a SCAM ?
Hi i received a similar email, but i already submitted my passports to this address
Would you please clarify what happen next to your application because i'm terrified now!!

Beeba

Jun 20, 2019
Hi i received a similar email, but i already submitted my passports to this address
Would you please clarify what happen next to your application because i'm terrified now!!
Hey, have you heard about it any further because I also received an email from the same email address and submitted my passport? Since then, I haven't heard back.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey, have you heard about it any further because I also received an email from the same email address and submitted my passport? Since then, I haven't heard back.
The address is correct I believe, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

When did you submit your passport?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any updates yet. It seems like they have a kind of backlog. Even calling IRCC didn't worth, they told me we will inquiry cpc Ottawa about your passport, but they may reply back within a month.

Actually, I'm so worried too. I hope everything will be ok soon.

P.s. I confirmed the address because I saw many people got there copr from there including Tanya29

Beeba

Jun 20, 2019
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any updates yet. It seems like they have a kind of backlog. Even calling IRCC didn't worth, they told me we will inquiry cpc Ottawa about your passport, but they may reply back within a month.

Actually, I'm so worried too. I hope everything will be ok soon.

P.s. I confirmed the address because I saw many people got there copr from there including Tanya29
Now, I’m also starting to freak out since there’s no update on my CIC account as well.
And I’m one of those idiots who didn’t take a picture of return xpresspost envelop’s tracking number.
Has it been long time since you submitted your passport?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Now, I’m also starting to freak out since there’s no update on my CIC account as well.
And I’m one of those idiots who didn’t take a picture of return xpresspost envelop’s tracking number.
Has it been long time since you submitted your passport?
I sent my passport September 27, and it was delivered September 30. These are 17 days since delivery Hummm!

I think your situation still fine, please let me know if you got any update

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Sure, and if you could also update me on yours.
Thanks
Hi Beeba,

Today, I received a reply to the inquiry about my passport, and CPC-Ottawa confirmed that they received it. So, the mentioned mailing address is officially confirmed now. Hope to get my COPR soon.

Good luck to you too

Beeba

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Beeba,

Today, I received a reply to the inquiry about my passport, and CPC-Ottawa confirmed that they received it. So, the mentioned mailing address is officially confirmed now. Hope to get my COPR soon.

Good luck to you too
Hello sallam

that’s a relief.
Please Check this link:;
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-sent-to-ottawa-2019-after-ppr.610018/page-223

guess we aren’t alone, there’s a waiting time of at least 3 to 4 months..
I hope you’ll definitely hear something on your case by next week..