Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
OPs post in another thread

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member

Aug 24, 2023

Hi,

Thanks for following up, my written citizenship test happened yesterday at Scarborough center, there were around 25-30 other applicants (that means written test has started again). I was nervous but the test was similar to the one given online.

Also, after the test, interview did occur which was mostly documents verification. Result for the test was also given during interview. The lady was nice, she did check the documents and passports. I dont think there was anything weird, it was a normal conversation.

I hope this does help someone because I was nervous before mine.

Thanks!
Hi dear was the interview orally? with the officer ?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi dear was the interview orally? with the officer ?
Given that the person you're asking had a written test in a IRCC office, yes, the subsequent interview is always in person, orally, a few minutes later, in the same office. The usual procedure before covid...

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
This is what is said in the email

"You are receiving this notice because we were unable to accept your test results for the online citizenship test due to unusual activities detected upon reviewing your online test submission. This invitation requests you to attend an interview with a citizenship officer to discuss the reasons for not accepting your test results. You are invited to retake the citizenship knowledge test. The citizenship knowledge test will be administered to you in writing at the date, time and location stipulated above."

Doesn't this mean test would be written and not oral.

Also, I don't know what unusual activity did they detect and what did they mean by it.
Hello dear I got the same letter to retake my test again / interview, please tell me more, how was yours did you retake your with their computer in a room alone?

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member

Aug 24, 2023

Hi,

Thanks for following up, my written citizenship test happened yesterday at Scarborough center, there were around 25-30 other applicants (that means written test has started again). I was nervous but the test was similar to the one given online.

Also, after the test, interview did occur which was mostly documents verification. Result for the test was also given during interview. The lady was nice, she did check the documents and passports. I dont think there was anything weird, it was a normal conversation.

Thanks!
Hello dear i’m in the same situation where got 19/20 in my first test , but my computer was low on battery i had to charge it , go a letter to retake my test / interview at scarborough office, please was test written in computer on paper or orally? please reply thanks.

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Given that the person you're asking had a written test in a IRCC office, yes, the subsequent interview is always in person, orally, a few minutes later, in the same office. The usual procedure before covid...
thanks, please was the test written in a paper or online at scarborough office.? got the same letter to retaken test/ interview

Apr 15, 2024

pankaj.chhabra

Star Member

Aug 24, 2023

Hi,

Thanks!
Hi Pankaj,

I received similar email to retake the test in person followed by the interview. After the test, how long did it take to get the result and Oath ceremony notification?

Thanks,
Divya

Apr 15, 2024
thanks, please was the test written in a paper or online at scarborough office.? got the same letter to retaken test/ interview
Hi there,

Was the test on paper or online? How long did it take to get the test results? Was the test difficult?

Thanks,
Div

Apr 15, 2024
Hi,

I've my citizenship test again for the same reason. They've asked me to bring the landing paper IM1000 or COPR (IM5292). But my COPR is IM5688. Are these both the same?

Please respond.

Thanks,
Divya

Arivirko

Oct 10, 2017
@divyagupta1405 : May I please know when you gave your online citizenship test ? And when is your in person test scheduled?

Did you receive an email like this?

Good Day,

Thank you for completing your online citizenship test. Your temporary test result and accompanying photos were reviewed by IRCC staff and will not be accepted. This is due to either unconfirmed technical issues or unusual activity recorded during the test. Examples of these could include, but are not limited to: computer compatibility issues, WIFI or connection failures, camera problems, other applications open during the exam or you were not visible at all times in front of your webcam while completing the test.

The unaccepted test result will not count towards your three possible test attempts. As we have invalidated your attempt in our portal, you will no longer have access to the online test for your additional test attempts. IRCC will provide you with a new test invitation that will explain next steps for completing your remaining attempts at the citizenship test.

We are unable to provide a timeline for the next test notice, so please continue to monitor your email account including spam folders for our invitation.

Regards,
Local Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

Apr 15, 2024
Hi, i received the following email:
"You are receiving this notice to retake the online citizenship test because we were unable to accept your
most recent test results, regardless of the score you obtained. This is due to either technical issues or
unusual activity recorded during the exam.
You now have another attempt to complete the test in person at our office. You will receive another
notice with more information on the test time and date.
We do not have a definite timeline, so please monitor your email."

I did my online test on March 19th, received the notice that i have to do the test again on march 22nd, finally got the "notice to appear" on 28th march and the test date in person was scheduled to april 22nd. I did my test and passed. It was written test, same format, there were around 22 people (some had tech difficulties, some failed and some requested to do the test in person). After the test, we all had an interview with the officer one by one. She asked basic questions like "what i do for work", "wo do i live with", "why i changed my career from this to that etc". I got my results during the interview.

Thanks,
Divya