Feb 21, 2017
England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2017
Hi ,
I hope your interview went good, plz share ur experience?
Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for following up, my written citizenship test happened yesterday at Scarborough center, there were around 25-30 other applicants (that means written test has started again). I was nervous but the test was similar to the one given online.

Also, after the test, interview did occur which was mostly documents verification. Result for the test was also given during interview. The lady was nice, she did check the documents and passports. I dont think there was anything weird, it was a normal conversation.

I hope this does help someone because I was nervous before mine.

Thanks!

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi,

Thanks for following up, my written citizenship test happened yesterday at Scarborough center, there were around 25-30 other applicants (that means written test has started again). I was nervous but the test was similar to the one given online.

Also, after the test, interview did occur which was mostly documents verification. Result for the test was also given during interview. The lady was nice, she did check the documents and passports. I dont think there was anything weird, it was a normal conversation.

Thanks!
Congratulations bro,
Keep us updated when ur LPP completed and oath updates

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Thanks!
Was it an online test?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
IRCC could rely more on the CBSA travel history information. Many believe IRCC should. For now, HOWEVER, that does NOT appear likely to happen, at least not anytime soon.
This does not appear to be correct, at least as per: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

"If you are applying for Canadian Citizenship, you do not need to request your Traveller History Report from the CBSA. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) can collect the report on your behalf when needed since consent to share information about the entry/exit information is no longer required. "

Also.

"
Data use by federal partners

The CBSA discloses entry and exit information we collect in accordance with legislative authorities to:

• Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the administration and enforcement of immigration and citizenship programs
  • the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) for law enforcement purposes
  • Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) for the administration of the Employment Insurance and Old Age Security programs
  • the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the administration of Canada’s child and family benefit programs"
Note: I did not suggest that IRCC does not use the CBSA travel history. In fact, in that post I described how the information is used:

As for individual entry-exit records maintained by CBSA, IRCC primarily uses that information ONLY to check the accuracy of what applicants submit, or in contested cases to challenge the applicant's account. What that means is that if the CBSA information more or less affirms what the applicant has declared, that will be a big factor in helping IRCC make an inference the applicant was present in Canada not just the days they went through border controls, but in the days between a known date of entry and the next reported date of exit.
In particular, for purposes of processing citizenship applications, PR card applications, and PR Travel Document applications, IRCC relies on the CBSA travel history to verify/cross-check the information provided by clients.

As I noted, it could rely more on the CBSA travel history. Many believe IRCC should rely on the CBSA to do more than just check the accuracy and completeness of the information applicants provide. But, again, there does not appear to be much if any indication IRCC is moving in that direction.

Note, for example, an applicant for citizenship cannot just make reference to "see CBSA travel history" rather than fill in ALL dates of exit and entry for purposes of the physical presence calculation. Likewise for travel history in applications for PR card or PR TD. Applicants MUST report ALL dates of exit and entry, and do so ACCURATELY and COMPLETELY. While minor discrepancies with other information, which includes CBSA travel history, will not usually cause a serious problem, the extent to which IRCC perceives a substantial failure to accurately report all travel dates will have a big influence in whether there is RQ-related non-routine processing, and depending on the nature and scope of the applicant's failure to be an accurate reporter, can lead to a full-blown residency/presence case and all that entails.

In the latter regard, if IRCC sees that the CBSA travel history indicates dates the applicant was likely IN Canada that the applicant has reported being outside Canada, that will NOT, not generally, result in getting credit for additional days; that's still a discrepancy, indicating the applicant is NOT an accurate reporter of the facts, and depending on other factors, could actually be a significant consideration in exercising more skepticism about the applicant's information. That is, if the CBSA travel history shows more days in Canada than the applicant declares, that can actually cause problems. Because, again, IRCC is primarily using the CBSA travel history to check the veracity of the applicant's information.

Also Note: CBSA and IRCC are also engaged in expanding the use of the CBSA travel history for other purposes in other contexts. This is an ongoing, in development project. It includes things like triggering alerts for Foreign Nationals who overstay . . . and will likely be used (if this has not already been implemented) to flag PRs for elevated Port-of-Entry screening (based on length of absences from Canada).

But again, all PRs should be well aware that the burden of maintaining and reporting a complete travel history is on them. IRCC will not use the CBSA travel history to fill in dates for a PR. They will use it to determine the extent to which the PR has been accurate and complete.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi All,

My oath scheduled for 21st September.. IT seems like my destination is visible now.. Thanks all for all your suggestions and help. Cheers!
Congratulations, your citizenship journey reaching the last meters to the End line.

Best of luck.
And hope to hear good news for the rest as I'm still waiting after my interview that took place in August 3rd, 2023 (25 days ago)
It was online interview though!

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
I will have the interview next week (I should fly to Canada). After I received the invitation email for the interview, I saw two ghost updates on the tracker within three days. Any reason?
However, only the citizenship test was marked as completed four months ago (not even the background check). Should I expect anything?

yhastir

Feb 5, 2015
Hi all. After getting my PR, i moved to canada in 2015. IN 2019 I moved to US. After couple months i applied for citizenship. While applying i fulfilled all aspects to apply for citizenship. IN 2020 my PR card got expired and because of some stupidity i did not renew my PR card. Also i passed my test last year. I got couple of emails from IRCC to provide a valid PR Card, which i cant provide it because now i am ineligible to apply for renewal. Online my physical presence is still showing "in progress" . Now i got an email for online interview. Does anyone has any idea about what they will ask or verify from me ?? what type of questions they gonna ask ??

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi all. After getting my PR, i moved to canada in 2015. IN 2019 I moved to US. After couple months i applied for citizenship. While applying i fulfilled all aspects to apply for citizenship. IN 2020 my PR card got expired and because of some stupidity i did not renew my PR card. Also i passed my test last year. I got couple of emails from IRCC to provide a valid PR Card, which i cant provide it because now i am ineligible to apply for renewal. Online my physical presence is still showing "in progress" . Now i got an email for online interview. Does anyone has any idea about what they will ask or verify from me ?? what type of questions they gonna ask ??
Sorry, but if you have failed to comply with the PR Residency Obligation you are inadmissible and no longer eligible for a grant of citizenship.

There is extensive discussion about citizenship applicant interviews in the posts above in this topic. So yeah, it is obvious (if you just read this topic alone, noting there are many others where the interview is also discussed in depth), many have an "idea about what they will ask . . . what type of questions they gonna ask ??"

That said, given your situation, given the timeline, it appears there may be some particular concerns or issues in regards to some aspect of your application which may be the focus of inquiry in addition to the usual (verification of identity, PR status, ability in an official language, and physical presence), and your current PR status in particular may be questioned in some detail. If you have been outside Canada for more than 1095 days in the previous five years (as of the day of the interview), unless you have a compelling H&C case that could save your PR status, odds are you are not going to be granted citizenship.

Reactions: urooj20

yhastir

Feb 5, 2015
Hi guys
I want to share my interview expreince
So i had my interview just now.
I have been asked to show my documents on webcam .
She looked at my pp translation . She had an issue with one date . ( it was very stressful ) but somehow we managed to solve that.
Then she asked me why i have been out of the country for a long time and i explained the reason which was covid. But she said you should have come back to canada to get your vaccination. She said it gives me the impression that you dont want to stay in canada eventhough my physical presence is 1362 days. I explained my reason that im going to start my business over here and planning to stay in canada.
Then she asked me more about my job whether im employed or unemplyed.
at the end of the interview i asked if my interview went OK? She said yes . Then she said Everything looks ok but she has to review more and if she wants more information then she will either call or email me for extra documents
That all . Hope it helps the other people that have an interview
I think everything looks ok and i should wait for my tracker to update
hi..
just want to know an update about your file. did you get the citizenship after your interview done ? i am the same case like yours, living outside canada for long term after applying citizenship. my interview is in this week. just curious to know what happened with yours.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Are you expected to have physical copies of every document submitted in the application, even for an online interview? I received a notice for an interview in December and it says I will need "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)."

My application was done online so most of the documents (other than identity documents) were already digital and submitted as PDFs. Do they expect you to have printed copies of those (e.g. police certificate, proof of language skill) to show infront of the camera...?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Are you expected to have physical copies of every document submitted in the application, even for an online interview? I received a notice for an interview in December and it says I will need "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)."

My application was done online so most of the documents (other than identity documents) were already digital and submitted as PDFs. Do they expect you to have printed copies of those (e.g. police certificate, proof of language skill) to show infront of the camera...?
my partner also got a Notice for interview. Just checking what would be the documents per Checklist - PR Card, Driver License, IELTS, Passport, Police Verification (if applicable) - right, anything I'm missing?

STUMPED

Nov 14, 2023
my partner also got a Notice for interview. Just checking what would be the documents per Checklist - PR Card, Driver License, IELTS, Passport, Police Verification (if applicable) - right, anything I'm missing?
Just did mine 2 hours ago.
2 Photo Ids (driver's license / PR card etc)
Passport
Landing Document (if applicable) - this is listed on a board in the room but didn't ask me to present it.

Don't need the police check or the Language test but if you have copies, take them.