+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query Application for Study Permit and Application for Visitor Visa (TRV)

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Greetings,

Just asking for some clarity before uploading and submitting my forms to CIC. I am applying online at CIC for a study permit outside Canada,and I am in Jamaica which is not a designated country,so I do need a TRV as well.I have read though all of the necessary information on CIC FAQ and webpages and documents and searched canadavisa forum posts for answers. What I can recall from CIC is that they stated that I don't need to make a separate application for TRV when I apply for study permit.As the same officer that would give me the study permit will give me a TRV as well.So I'm wondering if that means I should only fill out Application for Study Permit IMM1294E or when it says separate application it means if applying at another time or through another avenue for both? But on the document checklist for a study permit IMM5483E,it states that an Application for Temporary Resident Visa IMM5257E if applicable should be provided,and I do need a TRV.Therefore I'm thinking I do need to fill out both the forms, even though they are very much similar. But then again I'm wondering why when I did the CIC questionnaire and got a unique document checklist with a personal reference code,the only CIC documents it stated I should submit are Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) and Family Information (IMM5645).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have to send off all these documents tonight,to meet a deadline.Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
David L

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi David.

As far as I read at the CIC website you need to include the Schedule 1 form (IMM5257B_1) and that should be enough, even at the online application when your country is not on the list of visa exempts countries the schedule 1 is required.

So fill in the Schedule 1 form and include it on your application folder, or upload it if you are applying online at MyCIC.

Cheers,

Gustavo

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Greetings Gustavo,

It is such a coincidence, because after doing over research and re-reading the information I have gathered for a few hours today I realized what you just told me Gustavo. And i was about to post that new discovery and ask if I am correct in my new findings. I didn't realize that there are two different types of application for temporary resident visa. I didn't think the "schedule 1" term aspect was important and searched and downloaded by using "IMM 5257". But the correct form I should use is IMM5257B_1 which is Schedule 1 Application for Temporary Resident Visa.

Many thanks for replying and providing this information,now I am even more confident that I should use the IMM5257B_1 form. Much respect and blessings.

Best regards,
David L

DavidL

May 16, 2015
gcamargo said:
Hi David.

As far as I read at the CIC website you need to include the Schedule 1 form (IMM5257B_1) and that should be enough, even at the online application when your country is not on the list of visa exempts countries the schedule 1 is required.

So fill in the Schedule 1 form and include it on your application folder, or upload it if you are applying online at MyCIC.

Cheers,

Gustavo
Greetings Gustavo,

Wanted to ask you your input on another matter of concern for me. The form Family Information IMM5645 doesn't have a validate or signature panel,and it requires signature in several areas,especially since I don't have a spouse or children. I am applying online, how should I sign it. On CIC website their information about electronic signing on MyCIC, tends to be refer to "application" as being able to be signed that way, and technically Family Information IMM5645 isn't an application form based on my interpretation. On this forum website I have found some information on it, and the few persons who talk on it said it should be printed,signed and scanned. While others say it doesn't matter if scanned or uploaded as is,as the electronic signing applies to all documents when uploaded and submitted to MyCIC. What would you suggest based on what you know or have found.

Would appreciate any assistance from you or anyone else.

Best Regards,
David L

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi David.

Look my girlfriend as an example had to fill a form for study permit and the PDF you can download it and fill it in on Adobe and after that you should upload it without signature, if you try to upload a PDF based on a scan that you made from the printed forms will return an error code saying that is not a Valid PDF document.

For the application for students outside Canada you have to upload it without any signature. After you submit your application the system will create a kind of virtual signature using a text saying I ______________ declared that all the information on this application is real and blah blah blah.

That's the signature. Now if you have to upload more PDF's in case of family members, try to download it and print it out and then scan it and upload it to MyCIC, if the system let you upload it like that, you are set to go :)

Cheers,

Gustavo

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I just want to know if i would apply for a 2 year diploma course, how long will I be entitled for PGWP?
thanks

DavidL

May 16, 2015
gcamargo said:
Hi David.

Look my girlfriend as an example had to fill a form for study permit and the PDF you can download it and fill it in on Adobe and after that you should upload it without signature, if you try to upload a PDF based on a scan that you made from the printed forms will return an error code saying that is not a Valid PDF document.

For the application for students outside Canada you have to upload it without any signature. After you submit your application the system will create a kind of virtual signature using a text saying I ______________ declared that all the information on this application is real and blah blah blah.

That's the signature. Now if you have to upload more PDF's in case of family members, try to download it and print it out and then scan it and upload it to MyCIC, if the system let you upload it like that, you are set to go :)

Cheers,

Gustavo
Greetings Gustavo,

Okay I understand what you are saying. Will try that.Thanks for your response.

Best Regards,
David L

DavidL

May 16, 2015
Jhenall said:
Hi David,

Which school are you attending in the Fall?
Greetings Jhenall,

I will be attending either Brandon University or Assiniboine Community College in Manitoba. I`m curious, why do you ask?

Best Regards,
David L

DavidL

May 16, 2015
joeychuramoi said:
Hi guys,

I just want to know if i would apply for a 2 year diploma course, how long will I be entitled for PGWP?
thanks
Greetings joeychuramoi,

From my research it seems that it is based on the amount of years you have studied in Canada and its maximum is 3 yrs. So in your case it would be 2 yrs of post graduate work.

Best Regards,
David L

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm applying from Jamaica also. Planning to go to the Memorial University of Newfoundland though