+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query about Foreign Experience

kapil098

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am going to apply for the CEC. I have one year of foreign experience. If i calculate my points with foreign experience reaches around 500 which is quite good for getting in the draw.

i have job experience letter from the company when i left Canada. mentioning my job roles and responsibility. Even the IRCC wants to check for the background experience, it is fine. Unfortunately, i don’t have pay stubs. Do we really need to attach pay stubs to prove the foreign experience? Or experience letter with background verification should be good to go?

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
If your overseas reference letter contain all the info below, then it should be good to go. But there is always a case that they might ask proof of payments for that experience.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which should be
- an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company)
- should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Robertburton

Feb 13, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I am going to apply for the CEC. I have one year of foreign experience. If i calculate my points with foreign experience reaches around 500 which is quite good for getting in the draw.

i have job experience letter from the company when i left Canada. mentioning my job roles and responsibility. Even the IRCC wants to check for the background experience, it is fine. Unfortunately, i don’t have pay stubs. Do we really need to attach pay stubs to prove the foreign experience? Or experience letter with background verification should be good to go?
I am not an expert but I just want to tell you It may be help when applying for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you need to provide evidence of your work experience in Canada or abroad. While pay stubs can be one form of evidence, they are not the only option.

If you have a job experience letter from your previous employer that clearly outlines your job responsibilities and dates of employment, this should be sufficient evidence of your work experience. The letter should be on company letterhead and signed by your supervisor or HR representative.

It's also a good idea to provide additional documentation to support your work experience, such as reference letters from colleagues or clients, work samples or projects you worked on, and any other relevant documents that can confirm your job duties and experience. PartyCity Feedback

If your job experience letter includes background verification, that can also help to strengthen your application. The main goal is to provide evidence that demonstrates you meet the eligibility requirements for the CEC, including having at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada or abroad.

It's important to note that the immigration officer reviewing your application may request additional information or documentation to verify your work experience, so it's always best to provide as much evidence as possible upfront to avoid delays in processing your application.

Last edited:

heehaw

Oct 30, 2020
I just got PR approved with just a simple reference letter. No paystubs or any other additional docs
I have a foreign experience reference letter with a job title, job department, employment duration(greater than 1 year), salary, and paystubs as well.
However, I don't have the responsibilities mentioned in the reference letter.

I'm afraid that I might be rejected for that.
What do you think?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I have a foreign experience reference letter with a job title, job department, employment duration(greater than 1 year), salary, and paystubs as well.
However, I don't have the responsibilities mentioned in the reference letter.

I'm afraid that I might be rejected for that.
What do you think?
Prepare a self declaration of your duties and responsibilities in this job as an addition to the employer reference letter.

Also send an email request to your employer to mention your duties and responsibilities and provide a fresh letter to you, don't forget to mention duties and responsibilities in your request.

If employer does not respond, attach this email and self declaration with reference letter that you have.