+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

querries about outland but living inside canada

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hi guys,
I am on PGWP and my wife is canadian.Just wanna make sure if we applied outland i.e India Do we really have to go there and get married there and then have to applied there?Or we can simply send the file from here?

My wife shes working part time with a bank.Does she really have to work full time in order to sponsor me?Is it mandotry that her all address have to the same address with me for outland applications?

My PGWP experies after 3 years.In my situation which is better OUTLAND OR INLAND?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You do not have to get married in India, and you do not have to go there. You can apply from here. I assume you got married in Canada?

All the forms are sent to the CIC office in Mississauga first, whether you apply from Canada or go to India and apply from there.

The sponsor does not need a full-time job. In fact a sponsor does not need to be working. However, the visa officer wants to see that it is possible for the couple to support themselves. Since you are also working, this should not be an issue.

Since you are in Canada, you could apply inland or outland. I would suggest outland, because the processing time is shorter. However, there are other considerations, and it is really up to you.

I am not sure what you mean by the 'addresses' question.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
yes we got married in canada.So we are not sure either we are applying within canada or not.Is it depend upon Mississauga office?
What are other considerations?
I am trying to say does it mandotory that my spouse have the same address where Im living right now for outland application?I am thinking to live outside toronto for my job and shes living with her parents.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You choose whether to apply inland or outland. When the applicant is in Canada, either is possible. The forms you use are slightly different.
This is the inland application form, from the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
This is for outland:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Outland: is generally faster; you can appeal if the application is refused; the applicant does not have to be in Canada.
Inland: the applicant can get a work permit; generally takes more than a year; you cannot appeal a refusal; the applicant has to be in Canada, and in fact is advised to not leave Canada; if the applicant does leave Canada and cannot get back in, the application is over.

The sponsor and the applicant must be living together for an inland application. For an outland application, the general idea is that the applicant is outside Canada, so no, the couple does not have to be living together. However, an outland applicant who is living in Canada but who is not living with the sponsor would present an unusual situation to the visa officer processing the file. He or she will have questions about why you are not living together when you are in the same country. If you choose this option, you should explain the situation, and show proof that you visit each other often.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
harpreet ss said:
yes we got married in canada.So we are not sure either we are applying within canada or not.Is it depend upon Mississauga office?
What are other considerations?
I am trying to say does it mandotory that my spouse have the same address where Im living right now for outland application?I am thinking to live outside toronto for my job and shes living with her parents.
The fact that you are living apart while in Canada might cause a problem... if you've been married for 2 years or less, condition 51 would apply which states you must live together at the same address for 2 years after she lands. Even if you've been together for more than 2 years, they will likely see this as a red flag, as it is rather unusual for married people to live apart while in the same country.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
An extra input which you should consider while applying. If you apply outland, your file will go to New Delhi visa office. NDVO has recently started processing very fast. I applied on 3rd of March 2016 and already got DM last Saturday that is just over 2 months. Many Jan-Feb 2016 applicants already have DM and PPR. Although, there are some applicants waiting from mid of 2015 or before. Seems like they are processing the new applications faster.
I would strongly suggest you apply outland. You can follow NDVO 2016 thread for more details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t390498.0.html