+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Points Analysis

Nov 17, 2018
Guys,

I am applying for PR under QSW Program.
Here is the situation:
For, family(Me, My Wife and Daughter) PR I need 59 points, but I got only 58. I could get 64 point but as per new rules, 3 points deducted for my wife because Bachelor of Commerce is no more considered under Area of Training. (1) Is this true?
Also, 3 points deducted as Bachelor of Information Technology Engineering is no more considered under Section Type A(Point 12). So it is down under Section B(Point 9). (2) Is this true?
This way I got struck at 58 point.

However, for single person PR(only me) cut off is 50, and I got 48. But if I add my daughter's 4 point, then I am getting 52 points.
This way I am eligible to go alone with children's point.
But here is the most important question is, (3) can I go alone having children's point? OR If I add children's point, then I must have to accompany the child with me?

I want to go alone first as my daughter is just 4 years old, and want to call my wife and daughter later on as dependent. (4) Is this good idea?

(5) Should I give the IELTS exam again to improve band score to achieve 59 points? (Even if I get the good score, my points will be on border line i.e. 59, however, for non-accompany(with child's point) it is 2 points ahead of cut-off i.e. 52.)

Please answer the above five questions. What should I do?

Thanks.

elnagdi2000

Nov 19, 2018
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM
did you have preliminary examination or not yet ?

this is my message

" Dear ALL

I already had preliminary examination on 18-7-2018 and I had score 53 out of 59 lack of 6 points I submitted the IELTS and Adding Infant that gives us 8 points on 15-9-2018 - also at this examination my Area of training BSc of Nursing is 9 points - i have now 61 points and i need 59 points

after that they sent me another evaluation with another intent of refusal letter - mentioning that they have
reduced my points from 9 points to 6 points according to the new list released on August 2018 - now i have 58 points out of 59 its totally frustrating

Shall we do administrative review because the new list of are of training become effective after our Preliminary examination conducted on july 2018 so we deserve 9 points not 6 points as they have mentioned ?
And we submitted our additional papers (IELTS and Infant ) before according to their letter dated on 18-7-2018 that we need only 6 points to be evaluated ?

Nov 17, 2018
I have given IELTS exam on 29th Sep 2018 and results were declare on 12th Oct 2018.

My main question is, can I travel alone(without child), by adding child's point to be eligible? OR Is is mandatory to bring child with me, if I count child's point?

Cutoff Points: 50
My Points 48 + Child Points 4 = 52

seeak

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Guys,

I am applying for PR under QSW Program.
Here is the situation:
For, family(Me, My Wife and Daughter) PR I need 59 points, but I got only 58. I could get 64 point but as per new rules, 3 points deducted for my wife because Bachelor of Commerce is no more considered under Area of Training. (1) Is this true?
Also, 3 points deducted as Bachelor of Information Technology Engineering is no more considered under Section Type A(Point 12). So it is down under Section B(Point 9). (2) Is this true?
This way I got struck at 58 point.

However, for single person PR(only me) cut off is 50, and I got 48. But if I add my daughter's 4 point, then I am getting 52 points.
This way I am eligible to go alone with children's point.
But here is the most important question is, (3) can I go alone having children's point? OR If I add children's point, then I must have to accompany the child with me?

I want to go alone first as my daughter is just 4 years old, and want to call my wife and daughter later on as dependent. (4) Is this good idea?

(5) Should I give the IELTS exam again to improve band score to achieve 59 points? (Even if I get the good score, my points will be on border line i.e. 59, however, for non-accompany(with child's point) it is 2 points ahead of cut-off i.e. 52.)

Please answer the above five questions. What should I do?

Thanks.
First of all, If you are married, then you have to declare it....otherwise you can be accused of misrepresentation and banned from Canada (3 or 5 yrs, can't remember)

Your wife should try ielts and reach the points you need

seeak

Star Member
May 7, 2017
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM
did you have preliminary examination or not yet ?

this is my message

" Dear ALL

I already had preliminary examination on 18-7-2018 and I had score 53 out of 59 lack of 6 points I submitted the IELTS and Adding Infant that gives us 8 points on 15-9-2018 - also at this examination my Area of training BSc of Nursing is 9 points - i have now 61 points and i need 59 points

after that they sent me another evaluation with another intent of refusal letter - mentioning that they have
reduced my points from 9 points to 6 points according to the new list released on August 2018 - now i have 58 points out of 59 its totally frustrating

Shall we do administrative review because the new list of are of training become effective after our Preliminary examination conducted on july 2018 so we deserve 9 points not 6 points as they have mentioned ?
And we submitted our additional papers (IELTS and Infant ) before according to their letter dated on 18-7-2018 that we need only 6 points to be evaluated ?
The List of Areas of training was updated on August 2, 2018. This update applies to all selection applications submitted to the Minister, including those presented before August 2, 2018.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/list-areas-training.html

Nov 26, 2018
Applied on 13 june 2016 mon project.
I am also loosing with 1 points.
Can we visit quebec for 2 weeks or 3 months to increase the 1 or 2 points